Morel Mushroom

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone finding any yet? When do you typically start picking in North Dakota? Thanks for any advice.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing yet, usually need nighttime temps to be around that 50 degree mark from what I've noticed, got the moisture just need some warm temps

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep the moisture is way better than last year...just waiting for the temps to warm up

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing a couple more weeks before I start to get out. I'm always looking when I'm out turkey hunting and haven't run across any yet. I'm going to see if the asparagus is up that should be any day.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked and I only have one jar of morels left. Hopefully soon.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
Asparagus should be going! If the Morels dont hurry up the grass will hide them all. Its growing fast out there.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Asparagus should be going! If the Morels dont hurry up the grass will hide them all. Its growing fast out there.

I have this problem in a couple spots I find them. It's a cold dark area and they don't pop up till the grass is knee high.

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've found that when the dandelions are in full bloom the morels are up. Checked a spot on Sunday and nothing. Knew it was too early but had to look anyways. No shortage of wood ticks.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The spragus (asparagus) we planted a couple years ago has darn near become a WEED!!!! Holy Hanna does that stuff grow when you get the root ball established. Got a couple sprigs peeking out, but not the main push yet. Temps around the house have been low 30's so I don't expect to see lots of mushroom activity for a while yet. Good Luck to the 'shroomers out there!!!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever try to get them to grow at home? I made a spore slurry last year and spread it around my back yard. I know it can take a few years but I'm hoping 1 or 2 pop just to know if it works.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever try to get them to grow at home? I made a spore slurry last year and spread it around my back yard. I know it can take a few years but I'm hoping 1 or 2 pop just to know if it works.

why when God plants them for me? hee hee

- - - Updated - - -

seems like growing your own walleye ; )

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member

Saw a video on youtube about this a while back, I really wanted to try it because I have ideal habitat for it at my place but I couldn't believe it would actually work so am curious how it will turn out for you

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a video on youtube about this a while back, I really wanted to try it because I have ideal habitat for it at my place but I couldn't believe it would actually work so am curious how it will turn out for you

I probably got the idea from this site. It was fairly cheap and easy. So not much to loose if it doesn't work.

sponsy12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where does a guy go looking? I have never looked for them or have ever ate them but hear things all the time. I don't even know where to start, or how to cook them?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i know i will never get advice on spots. but, how about spores? anyone willing to share them?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
My asparagus is stuck in motion. The cold weather has slowed growth to a crawl. We need some warm sunshine. I did pick one stalk today that shot up under some weed barrier. It didn't last more than a few seconds. :cool:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55