Morel Mushroom

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
pffft… those are rookie numbers

do better 😃
Yes Sensei......In my defense I wasn't balls deep in any sort of brush or grass, didn't expect that where I half-heartedly looked for easy morels I'd get 4 ticks in 45 minutes. I felt them all crawling on my neck too - damn I hate those things.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My tick to morel ratio is 100-0 but Iv'e only been looking for 8 years or so,
Iv'e learned theres no such thing as beginners luck in mushroom hunting. :)
I'd always wondered why I never seen any morel's when I was out fixing fence but I bet most years I'm way to late. Last year though I found few when I was fencing. Kind of a werid spot just a few poplar trees out in the open, they were growing in the grass, maybe a dead branch or two in the ground. I thought they were false ones so I didn't take them home. The reason I thought they were false is because they were hollow in the stem and cap. Turns out they were the real deal. I'll certainly be watching that spot from now on. That was on the edge of Sandhills, so they must grow just about anywhere.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Planted a few trees last night, and before I was done I had two ticks crawling up my neck. There wasn't even tall grass yet. Sometimes I think they can jump or fly.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes Sensei......In my defense I wasn't balls deep in any sort of brush or grass, didn't expect that where I half-heartedly looked for easy morels I'd get 4 ticks in 45 minutes. I felt them all crawling on my neck too - damn I hate those things.
Did you see my post ^ about the farmhouse?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
any experts that can help with ID of this guy. I found about 1/2 dozen of these, they are 4-6 inches+ across. I think they are Hawk Wings but not positive. thanks
IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you are correct, but am an amateur so....

Interwebs says there are few if any look-alikes, so most shroomers would eat them.

Then again, if you ever got poisoned, or witnessed it, you probably wouldn't. It's not cool. :sick:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84