Deer are Jerks

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Especially this ass hat, who decided the northbound lane of I29 was a good place to hang out at 10pm on a Friday night.

WP_20170519_007.jpg

WP_20170519_008.jpg

WP_20170520_001.jpg

1/2 ton truck + 18ft boat @ 70mph = extra squished deer.
The bumper took most of it, which deployed the front airbags. That made it interesting...

When the pecker heads aren't destroying my truck, they're killing my trees:

WP_20141017_001.jpg

WP_20130923_002.jpg

Whether bow or rifle, I care not. I will have my revenge...

Anyway, I thought this might be a good place to post pictures and stories of deer damage of all kinds. Kind of like a support group so we can start the healing process.

Last edited:

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
I for one haven't had the privilege to schmuck a deer, however I had a hen pheasant punch a hole in the center of my grille. made for a long afternoon pulling feathers out of the radiator/fan

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here, havent hit a deer but had a few close calls. Also had a phesant go through my grill once, didnt damage the radiator but messed up the plastic quite well.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was 16, I had one hit me.
It was still daylight and I could see the thing running toward the road from a good 60 yards out. I was trying to slow down, but it was downhill and icy. The stupid thing ran right into the front quarter panel and rolled up over the windshield right in front of my face. This was toward the end of rifle season, and we still had a few antlerless tags. I finished it with a 22 we always had along, tagged it, and threw it in the trunk. My dad was not impressed...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was driving north of michigan on hwy2 pulling the camper to the next spot for work saw some deer running in the field came to a complete stop. Well they all ran in front of me except this one dumb bitch she tried to go between the camper and truck and nailed side of the camper. Killed her deader than hell and ruined my day also

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
And now you get the joy of figuring out how in the he'll a plastic headlight and it's suports cost more then a god damn side scan sonar!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Especially this ass hat, who decided the northbound lane of I29 was a good place to hang out at 10pm on a Friday night.

C910F8D3-9E0E-42D9-AC77-AD4C9C44ED0C.jpg

26993890_10215938231755057_2736423585196593068_n.jpg

26992429_10211059136696978_6740119323505660439_n.jpg

1/2 ton truck + 18ft boat @ 70mph = extra squished deer.
The bumper took most of it, which deployed the front airbags. That made it interesting...

Interesting, my F250 looked nearly identical via deer in the fall of 2015. I took me over 1.2 Million miles of driving through ND, SD, MN, MT, and WY to finally connect with one. No airbag deployment with mine and I was both thankful and thought it strange at the same time. Was just over $5600 to fix mine.

IMG_0860.jpg

I was running a little faster than you but not pulling anything so perhaps I was slowed down more when I finally made impact? It happened right at 1st light on Hwy 2 on the SW corner of Knox on the last day of ND deer season. I was on my way to go deer hunting in MT. :mad:

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove for 30 years in MN, ND, WI, MT, IA, IL, IN, OH, and SD with no problems. Then I hit two of'em in a month last fall. One with each vehicle. GRRRRRRR!!! Cost over 5k to fix the cars and cost me a grand in deductibles. Double GRRRRR!!!! Lost count of the number of trees, bushes, and other plants I've lost to deer over the years, but even with ALL THAT.......I still feed'em in the winter and worry about'em doing alright like an over protective parent. I gotta be sick in the head somehow.............................

Last edited:

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting, my F250 looked nearly identical via deer in the fall of 2015. I took me over 1.2 Million miles of driving through ND, SD, MN, MT, and WY to finally connect with one. No airbag deployment with mine and I was both thankful and thought it strange at the same time. Was just over $5600 to fix mine.

I was running a little faster than you but not pulling anything so perhaps I was slowed down more when I finally made impact? It happened right at 1st light on Hwy 2 on the SW corner of Knox on the last day of ND deer season. I was on my way to go deer hunting in MT. :mad:

Yeah, don't know... I think it's cause the bumper took most of it. The headlight was actually intact, just all the surrounding stuff that shattered. This is when you're glad to have insurance. It's going to cost a shit ton to fix the airbags. I think the whole top of the dash will need to be replaced.

There's not a door or anything for the airbag, it just sorta busts out of the dash. Same with the steering wheel -- like the fricken Kool-Aid guy through a wall.
WP_20170520_002.jpg

WP_20170520_003.jpg

Also, the front seat belts are locked and apparently have to be replaced or at least reset. Not sure how to do that, but now I'm driving around with no airbags and no seat belts. Makes me kinda nervous in Little Minneapolis.

Last edited:

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in my early 20's I shot a really nice archery buck in a tree stand on my parents land. It wasnt the real big one I was chasing but a good one anyway. It was after gun season so I figured Id leave the big one for another year. Got everything cleaned up and headed home around 9pm. I got 100 yards on the gravel north of mom and dads and smacked the buck I had been chasing all season with my sweet 96 blazer.....

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, here's a No bullshit....True story for ya.

A bunch of years ago my brother in law had a couple too many drinks to drive so I take him home in his pickup. Going through Glenfield a car backs away from the bar and t-bones us. After settling down a pissed off brother inlaw, we get to bullshitting with the guy. Poor bastard had hit a doe that came up and took out his windshield. He had pulled into Glenfield on his way to wherever to warm up. Now he’s got a smashed up front end and a smashed up rearend. Plus an untagged doe with all four legs sticking up in the back seat.County deputy comes out and writes up the accident. I shit you not, afterinspecting both vehicles he says to the kid, “What did you do with the deer youhit” Again, all four legs are sticking up in the back seat!!

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago my brother was also pulling his boat and had one run into the side of the boat. It shattered the plastic fender, rolled a couple times, then to our amazement, got up and ran off.

Last edited:

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No deer but "tapped" a speed goat. Hit her enough to watch her fall over slide a couple feet then got back up and ran off. No damage.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit a doe once, on my enduro dirt bike. Going about 40 mph on a dirt trail on top of a dike. Neither of us were damaged, but having a doe in your arms was sure a surprise. Kinda hurt.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
nice rub tree for the future. that will bring bucks into you so there is always a positive to all. put a number of those type branches in ground with a branch on top for the bucks to mark. does work and do have deer coming up to them. try to get a branch for the top branch from another area that deer are using to mark on. They normally make it to late winter at best.

Yes I know I have lost about 2/3s of my plantings to deer including some 5-7 foot trees that are not cheap that I did not take the time to protect. but I have learn and also learn no matter what you do the deer will do their best to destroy but again that means you have deer. So take the good with the bad and nobody gets hurt.

Have had more damage done by mice or whatever eating bark including porcupine chewing the bark off along with woodpeckers eating the bugs inside the trees and putting holes up and down the trees. db

Last edited:

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately, my yard is on the edge of suburbia, and the deer only come through at night. I'm afraid there is no silver lining to those a-holes wrecking my trees.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plantskydd has worked pretty well for us. I love saying Plantskydd too.

Spray with the wind at your back - ha ha.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70