A lawmaker that doesn’t know the law.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I personally cannot understand getting a DUI this day in age. In Bismarck you have taxi services, Lyft etc and some bars even have shuttles��♂️

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
His Attorney yeah right. Might need her for his divorce, pro bono maybe. Just thinking he might have been married. LB

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always drive around drunk in the wee hours with my attorney. Doesn’t everyone?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I always drive around drunk in the wee hours with my attorney. Doesn’t everyone?
That is really the first time I have heard a smart and not so smart question. Attorney=smart, sorta . Driving around drunk=not so smart.::: LB

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm not one to immediately require that a person loses their job over a DUI. Pretty sure quite a few of us have driven when we would have failed a sobriety test. Good for you if you can honestly say you never have. Living in rural areas we don't have cabs, Uber, etc. If it happens to you at least at that time be a little intelligent. Young lady is my lawyer? Agree to do whatever the officer wants, go to court and pay your fine instead of making statements that make you look dumb.

One positive is that it gave me a chuckle for the day.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda rough crowd around here. I don't know either of them, but it's a tad bit speculative to suggest there's anything going on between the two of them.

Pretty sure none of us would like people speculating on whether we are cheating on our spouses. That's a pretty serious accusation, even if it isn't illegal nowadays.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda rough crowd around here. I don't know either of them, but it's a tad bit speculative to suggest there's anything going on between the two of them.

Pretty sure none of us would like people speculating on whether we are cheating on our spouses. That's a pretty serious accusation, even if it isn't illegal nowadays.

In today's Information Age, it's just not acceptable to make these sorts of lapses in judgement.

Short of a family member or long-established family friend (and maybe not then either), there's NEVER a time that a married man/woman being pulled over with a woman/man they're not married to @ 1:00AM and being over the legal limit for DUI is going to be anything other than a difficult conversation both at home and with your constituents. Especially in a city large enough to have taxi's, Uber, Lyft, etc.

The old adage: "Nothing good happens after Midnight" seems appropriate.

Last edited:

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently no one here has ever went and had drinks with co-workers/affiliates from their line of work...... OH MY!! HE HAD A WOMEN WITH HIM!! AT 1:00 A.M...... Better check for contraceptives

I wouldn't bet the house on too much here. "Katie, I'm heading home to North Bismarck, do you need a ride?"... Katie the intern/law student/ lawyer is the smart one. "Yeah, I'll catch a ride if that works."

Now if the cop pulled up to the empty lot by Kist and the 2 were sitting there, we'd have a little more to speculate on!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently no one here has ever went and had drinks with co-workers/affiliates from their line of work...... OH MY!! HE HAD A WOMEN WITH HIM!! AT 1:00 A.M......

Give me a positive that comes out of that narrative when you're in a city that has taxi's, Uber, and Lyft.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would not put myself in that situation. Being over the limit at 1am, yes, being over the limit at 1am with a young woman... not a chance.
*unless that young woman was one of my daughters, or a family member of some sort.

I agree with it not being anything more than it probably is, however, I personally would never be in that scenario.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

wait... what???

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
the only tv show that made me want to smoke cigarettes and wear a suit every day to work.

Joan made me fondly remember my youth and the sears catalog

doh: Joan from Mad Men, not Joan the Fishing Buddy dragon lady

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know the young gal's dad. I won't assume anything was going on.

However, like JuanR, I would not put myself into that situation. Drunk or not. You would not find me alone with a young woman in my vehicle. In this day and age, you are guilty the minute someone points the finger at you. If she accuses, you loses.

I don't drink at all anymore, but I won't even take my daughter's friends home without another person in the car. Not because I don't trust myself. And I think I trust them too, but I just won't put myself into that situation. Nope.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16