A lawmaker that doesn’t know the law.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know the young gal's dad. I won't assume anything was going on.

However, like JuanR, I would not put myself into that situation. Drunk or not. You would not find me alone with a young woman in my vehicle. In this day and age, you are guilty the minute someone points the finger at you. If she accuses, you loses.

I don't drink at all anymore, but I won't even take my daughter's friends home without another person in the car. Not because I don't trust myself. And I think I trust them too, but I just won't put myself into that situation. Nope.

#metoo has taken this innocent activity and turned all situations such as this into questionable/nondefendable predicaments

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
wait... what???

Oops, I spoke too soon, it is still illegal in ND:

NDCC
12.1-20-09. Adultery.
1. A married person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if he or she engages in a sexualact with another person who is not his or her spouse.
2. No prosecution shall be instituted under this section except on the complaint of thespouse of the alleged offender, and the prosecution shall not be commenced later thanone year from commission of the offense.
3. The court shall grant immunity from prosecution under this section to a person subjectto prosecution under this section who, as part of a divorce, annulment, or separationproceeding, provides information regarding sexual acts with another person.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would agree. I personally would never get behind the wheel, especially in MANDAN!! But still, the thing with have a female passenger, get over it. Apparently chivalry is dead, few of you guys need to grab your balls out of the ol' ladys purse ;)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would agree. I personally would never get behind the wheel, especially in MANDAN!! But still, the thing with have a female passenger, get over it. Apparently chivalry is dead, few of you guys need to grab your balls out of the ol' ladys purse ;)
Mrs johnr could give a shit, I am talking about the woman you are hauling, or the neighbor, or the potential boyfriend/husband creating a situation.

Cant get accused of anything if you avoid it all together.

chivalry is dead because of the #metoo movement, not because of homegrown ND boys not being gentlemen.

- - - Updated - - -

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs johnr could give a shit, I am talking about the woman you are hauling, or the neighbor, or the potential boyfriend/husband creating a situation.

chivalry is dead because of the #metoo movement, not because of homegrown ND boys not being gentlemen.

- - - Updated - - -

Even this is starting to fade. Good thing all the "B'sers" can pick up the slack. I'm blown away at how many of the kids in the big towns can't change a tire... Parents are to worried about the 5 sports clubs that they need to be in 365days a year

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even this is starting to fade. Good thing all the "B'sers" can pick up the slack. I'm blown away at how many of the kids in the big towns can't change a tire... Parents are to worried about the 5 sports clubs that they need to be in 365days a year

We live in Fargo. My 8 and 12 yr old daughters can run an impact driver to remove/install lug-nuts, and my 12yr old is finally heavy enough that she can use a floor jack and get her mom's car jacked up enough to get the front wheels off. Neither of them are yet strong enough to put a wheel onto a hub yet though.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
We live in Fargo. My 8 and 12 yr old daughters can run an impact driver to remove/install lug-nuts, and my 12yr old is finally heavy enough that she can use a floor jack and get her mom's car jacked up enough to get the front wheels off. Neither of them are yet strong enough to put a wheel onto a hub yet though.

You should hold a "Block Seminar" for all the other little people in your area.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, there's some parenting!

I have thus far covered fluids, complete break job (pads and rotors), tire change and wipers with my permit holding young'un. Without points, condensers, and distributor caps, I am at a loss as to how I can up the ante....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

wouldn’t be so sure of the little town kids. Living in one I can say a good majority would have e no clue what to do other than call some one on the cell phone.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not so sure I’d want to change a tire in a big town and I’ve changed hundreds. Do you guys watch the news?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

My wife would applaud me giving a person in need, a ride home. I'm helpful, just not stupid. My oldest daughter is 14, so so are her friends. They're good kids, but they're kids. They don't understand how a prank, or a misunderstanding could ruin the life of a grown man.

Some here sit back and say "aw shucks". Get over it. Get your balls outta the old ladie's purse. I say that's fine, but it won't be me sitting in jail, with a cloud over my head, because some kid is too scared to go back and tell the cops they made the whole thing up.

If I gotta take one of my daughter's friends home, my daughter is coming with me. It's the way it is. I have helped out in church too, with the youth, and you wouldn't catch me dead alone with a young woman.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's the way it is. I have helped out in church too, with the youth, and you wouldn't catch me dead alone with a young person.

FIFY

I've often considered the Big Brother thing too. Then I think about the me too BS and I reconsider.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
the whole story doesnt make any sense ---- were going to to see mom. Kind a like the baesler were going to let out the dog......

My kids we always preached to them dont get in a car where the driver is drinking. Even if i have one beer - i dont want to drive - uber is so cheap and you can relax. One night i did have a uber driver get me and she said she was out drinking a few hours ago. I am like why did you tell me that.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
FIFY

I've often considered the Big Brother thing too. Then I think about the me too BS and I reconsider.

I’m so dang paranoid I don’t even like other people’s kids at my house. One slip on the stairs and my ass could be in a wringer.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m so dang paranoid I don’t even like other people’s kids at my house. One slip on the stairs and my ass could be in a wringer.

Not if your stairs are built to code - rise and run, handrail as required, etc. First thing to do is take a pic of where the slip occurred. Get the kid to tell you what/how it happened. You know the drill.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not if your stairs are built to code - rise and run, handrail as required, etc. First thing to do is take a pic of where the slip occurred. Get the kid to tell you what/how it happened. You know the drill.

It’s just one example in today’s litigious society. If you have something, people can and will sue you for it if they have opportunity.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

What code? The code that was in place in 1974 for normal people or today's protect everyone from everything code?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

You tellin' me that I shouldn't let all the neighborhood kids come over and use the trampoline, surrounded by a moat filled with flaming napalm, guarded by a rabid pittie, all while I'm practicing axe-throwing in the other end of the backyard?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

What code? The code that was in place in 1974 for normal people or today's protect everyone from everything code?

The code that was in effect when your house was built. If there are changes to the code people are not required to re-model their homes. I built homes and apartments in CA for 27 years, so I have some experience.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
You tellin' me that I shouldn't let all the neighborhood kids come over and use the trampoline, surrounded by a moat filled with flaming napalm, guarded by a rabid pittie, all while I'm practicing axe-throwing in the other end of the backyard?

You have to respect a man that commits to something and sees it right through

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55