Above ground pool issues

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
P.S. if someone offers you money or anything (including free bait or all the free cranks for a year)to take care of a pool for them RUN RUN RUN AWAY!!!!! FAST. You can thank me later.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
i fixed my above ground pool problems by wadding it up and firing it in the dumpster. One huge big pain in the ass and i dont even like swimming

Swimming pools is what I do. Commercial ones though, like water parks.

I won't have one in my yard. More trouble than they're worth. Some say the same though, about a hot tub. I use mine probably, with no exaggeration, 300 nights per year.

But a pool? No thanks.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
There seems to be a lot of above ground pool haters, im kind of surprised!! First year for me, all seems to be good, the pump runs well, sand filter works as it should, got set up with Hot Springs in GF. Brought a water sample in, they told me what i needed and scheduled what chemicals i will need and when to use them. The silt on the bottom of them pool is all gone now, i just stirred it up with the brush a few times and let it filter through. Having kids use it stirs it up too so that helps. I think next spring when i come to open it i will empty any water that is left from winter so i can get in there and give it a good scrubbing before i put water in.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
There seems to be a lot of above ground pool haters, im kind of surprised!! First year for me, all seems to be good, the pump runs well, sand filter works as it should, got set up with Hot Springs in GF. Brought a water sample in, they told me what i needed and scheduled what chemicals i will need and when to use them. The silt on the bottom of them pool is all gone now, i just stirred it up with the brush a few times and let it filter through. Having kids use it stirs it up too so that helps. I think next spring when i come to open it i will empty any water that is left from winter so i can get in there and give it a good scrubbing before i put water in.

Ahh, I hope you have good luck. I don't hate them, I like them, when other people have them.

The thing I see is, most of the mechanical parts are no-name, unable to be serviced, and there is no continuity. Your pool is one year old, but "they don't make that item anymore".

Your filter cracks, or your pump fails, or (the list goes on and on). Then you come to an actual swimming pool place for help, since Menards and Wal-Mart are no help. Of course, we don't have the items either.

Fixing the equipment costs as much as replacing the entire pool.

So, another person hates swimming pools, because the $300 one turned out to be a lemon.

Oh well.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am surprised at the hate. I've had 2 now. First one was bout $300. I used it 2 years then left it empty in the winter. Wind flipped it. Garbage. Next one was $350. I leave about a foot of water in that one. Now on year 4. My kids love it. I don't mind it. Naked sundays were great for my marriage. Now the kids are too old for that. But, i still use it in the heat of summer from bout now til end of august at the end of a hot day. Wife too. I think its money well spent really. And i am a tight ass about wasting money.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have enough shit to maintain and take up time. That’s what the pool was a time suck. Only good thing was it killed grass so I had less to mow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84