Aerial Elk count

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game and fish did call today with numbers from their aerial count at 1900 feet.
Said 600 plus Elk on US side of Turtle Mt. and 300 plus on Canadian side.
400 in Pembina.

Have an Elk herd within 2-3 miles of my stand at St John. Not easy to count when i go there but more than 200 and i assume less than 300. Public land and game and fish has done a fair amount of brushing there. Not sure why close to half ended up next to me. Whitetails are no more.
DB-2

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game and fish call when i was in the middle of other things and need to visit on some issue.
One being what they feel the Turtle Mt can carry in Elk. A few years ago, i was told 300.
What are their plans going forward?

He stated this count was very accurate, would like to find out who did the count.

My stand is really outside the east side of the mt, and why at least 1/3 if not more are all there considering the size of the Mt. Have a friend west of the Peace Garden who states the herd on his land is larger than the one near me. Do know of other herds up there.
There are more questions and hope to visit with him again soon. db

And for the boys who say they are women and want to play with the girls, have you cut your junk off before i would consider (but even then no).

Last edited:

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I attended the Game and Fish Advisory Meeting in Devils Lake. They showed a video of the fly over at 1900-2000 feet above the herd. I snapped a couple pictures while the video was rolling - thought this technology was amazing. He said they could put a "pin" on each elk and determine if it was a cow or bull.
Elk Count_infrared.jpeg
Elk Count_night vision.jpeg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looks good, my ground counts from previous years were not on. Did they say how many Elk they wanted to maintain? db

Not sure how any women that i have known could vote for a democrat when they (democrats) all voted to let man play with the women. Those men are a pile of crab, pussies, wassies, junk holding, dicks, not in my world, low life ect (that is the democrats) and that one pile of crab man in the bathtub made women look like pussies, ect. My ma would have a few chose words too. Work too hard to get where her life was to be portray like that. db

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88