AIM Weekend Series 2021

Honored Member
Thank the good lord that you're only on Devils Lake once. May you be blessed with Hurricane force winds.

I'll take the wind. Makes for less crowded fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you asked:

https://gf.nd.gov/news/4410

I'm going to theorize that less than 10% of the AIM tournament anglers on DL @ the end of July will be fishing in less than 25'-30'.

The key word you used was THEORIZE.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
For any of you to come on here bash a tournament circuit and it's participants that are trying to make a positive change in the sport just blows my mind.

A positive change a tournament or circuit could make would be to shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't ask for the game and fishes opinion on perch caught through the ice.

Here's the beginning part of the article since you've proven to be mighty short on "Reading Comprehension"

Catch-and-release fishing, no matter the time of year, is discouraged for fish caught in 30 feet or more of water, because fish reeled in from those depths have a greater chance of dying if released.

​I upped the font size so you could read and understand.

Honored Member

Or a tournament could bring additional funds to improve the fishing location such as ramps, docks, shelters, trees, new gravel or asphalt. A boost to the local economy such as hotels, campsites, grocery stores, bait shops, gas stations, and any other services the town offers. And even offer services such as kids fishing seminars, seminars for beginners and advanced fishermen, knowledge on the latest and greatest tech or fishing tactics
. Also a place for kids who love fishing to learn and dream about the possibility of fishing when they become adults. And forgot to mention tourneys being a recruiting place for captains for events for the disabled, elderly, and veterans.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or a tournament could bring additional funds to improve the fishing location such as ramps, docks, shelters, trees, new gravel or asphalt. A boost to the local economy such as hotels, campsites, grocery stores, bait shops, gas stations, and any other services the town offers. And even offer services such as kids fishing seminars, seminars for beginners and advanced fishermen, knowledge on the latest and greatest tech or fishing tactics
. Also a place for kids who love fishing to learn and dream about the possibility of fishing when they become adults. And forgot to mention tourneys being a recruiting place for captains for events for the disabled, elderly, and veterans.

Well, if tournaments are so benevolent, why the giant WHINE when ND G&F wanted a bigger portion of entry fees to go back to improvement projects?

If tournament anglers are so benevolent, why not just do those things anyway without having to douche up the lakes and rivers with their boat races and snide comments about "tournament fish" to anyone fishing by them who catches a walleye over 20"?

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the beginning part of the article since you've proven to be mighty short on "Reading Comprehension"

​I upped the font size so you could read and understand.

Let me be very clear in my question since you can't seem to understand. How do you know that the fish are coming from 30 fow? You don't, it's just what you've heard or have presumed. Or are just going to circle back because you have no legitimate answer. It would serve you well to pull that knot ridden stick out of your ass.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, if tournaments are so benevolent, why the giant WHINE when ND G&F wanted a bigger portion of entry fees to go back to improvement projects?

If tournament anglers are so benevolent, why not just do those things anyway without having to douche up the lakes and rivers with their boat races and snide comments about "tournament fish" to anyone fishing by them who catches a walleye over 20"?
Clay,

Don't you actually have to catch a fish over 20 to hear the comments? Or is this something you heard from a friend?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fish floating thing in Akaska was bullshit that’s when I was down there all the time and there were no floating fish. Can’t say I miss having a boat dealing with the idiots fun fishing seemed to be more of an ass ache than any tournament guys . Plus people filling freezers do more damage any way. If aim wanted one down here sure it wouldn’t be a problem. Mobridge isn’t scarred to have people come here and fish. Tourism was up about 20% according to the taxes this year keep it coming and i pay less in taxes.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me be very clear in my question since you can't seem to understand. How do you know that the fish are coming from 30 fow? You don't.

Because I'm on the Debul 40-50 days/summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Or a tournament could bring A boost to the local economy such as hotels, campsites, grocery stores, bait shops, gas stations, and any other services the town offers.

I didn't see any empty hotels, restaurants, gas stations, bait shops, or bars in Devils Lake last summer despite a significantly reduced tournament schedule. There certainly weren't any fewer boats on the water.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because I'm on the Debul 40-50 days/summer

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see any empty hotels, restaurants, gas stations, bait shops, or bars in Devils Lake last summer despite a significantly reduced tournament schedule. There certainly weren't any fewer boats on the water.

So your a weekender that shows up thinking he owns the lake and knows everything about it. So here again you have no factual information about where all the fish are caught just what you think you know. Running off at the mouth spreading rumors is all your doing. I would be willing to bet that the locals of Devils Lake probably have the same kind of view about you as you do about tournaments. Don't go away mad just go away.

Are you the mayor of Devils Lake and everyone comes to you with their concerns about the area? I know Woodlands was happy to have us that week last summer because they had the entire place booked for a family reunion that was canceled short notice. Tournament anglers filled some of those spots. Maybe you should have a discussion with Susie Kenner over there in Devils Lake about how you hate tournaments on the lake instead coming on here and making negative comments on every thread related to a tournament, you look pathetic.

Last edited:

Honored Member
Because I'm on the Debul 40-50 days/summer.

- - - Updated - - -

According to your comments SDMF your pulling fish out of 30+ft of water and are either pillaging them or releasing them only to see them float.

Also, you must've did a county audit this summer on the vacancy of all the lodging to know they were booked all summer.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rizzo, you have done more to confirm folks bad impressions of tournament fishermen than anyone else in this thread.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
when one puts a number on the boat, why does it turn that fella into a jackass?

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rizzo, you have done more to confirm folks bad impressions of tournament fishermen than anyone else in this thread.

What bad impression is that? When I asked how people came to the conclusion of all tournament fish are caught out of deep water I got the run around and insulted. I was never at any point unreasonable and my question was never answered. If someone is going to spew misinformation they best be ready to back it up with more than because I said so. Trying to paint a picture of everyone and everything involved in an activity as bad is complete bullshit. It's like me making the statement of every guy that pulls his boat to the lake with a Ford is a dickhead because a guy in a Ford cut me off one time.

Since you decided to chime in maybe you can answer my question of where does the preconceived notion that all the fish that are caught on tournament day come from deep water? Also how come the fish I catch on any other day of the week don't die just only on tournament day?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74