AIM Weekend Walleye Series Results

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I know the Bismarck AIM event really helped out the contestants as the fish were spawned out. My friends 27.5" was given a weight of 8 lbs when in reality, it was a 5 lb fish. I'm sure it evens itself out throughout the year.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like the conversion chart is already on the heavy side in my opinion. Which is fine, its fun to see big weights.

I agree. The conversion appears to be very generous especially for summer fish. Even healthy 28" fish are about 8lbs.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I know the Bismarck AIM event really helped out the contestants as the fish were spawned out. My friends 27.5" was given a weight of 8 lbs when in reality, it was a 5 lb fish. I'm sure it evens itself out throughout the year.

Yup. Tis why kicker fish in this format are critical. Two big bites, even one will negate a next team's two or three fish. You get that big bite and whalla, you are flying up the board.

I will get one. Saving it for championship though...I hope. Pretty pretty please!

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also too, if your fish touched the line you could bump the length up. So if your fish touched the 15 inch mark, you could bump it to 15 1/4 for length.

Catching fish wasn't the hard part, trying to take pictures and measuring proved to be the hardest thing to do. We had to pull out of our spot every time to score a fish. Even then we had to do it fairly fast or the waves would send us into the rocks.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also too, if your fish touched the line you could bump the length up. So if your fish touched the 15 inch mark, you could bump it to 15 1/4 for length.

Catching fish wasn't the hard part, trying to take pictures and measuring proved to be the hardest thing to do. We had to pull out of our spot every time to score a fish. Even then we had to do it fairly fast or the waves would send us into the rocks.

Ha, I was checking if fish still on Mallard in big wind Saturday. Fishing 11-13 feet of water sometimes 8 all I could think about is how fast a guy could end up on the rocks taking photos. So I left it be.

Hopefully giant winds will not plague a guy rest of year. I know a lot of people like to talk up how they like fishing in the wind but I sure didn't see many main lake fishermen Sunday!

That said, they smarter than me again. Damn bay bites make people look like geniuses. I need to have someone take my keys away and force me to stay in them. I always give up too soon.

Jim Carroll

Founding Member
Founding Member
To develop our AIM Length-to-Weight Conversion Chart, we looked at 3 different published Gov't and University data sources (we averaged them). Big fish do get a premium and that is one of the more exciting aspects of our format in my opinion. Go out and blast the 5 biggest fish you can find with no decisions on which fish to keep or any slot considerations. You catch it...it counts. I think its the fairest format in tournament walleye fishing today. It's the same for all teams and it really takes out of play a lot of the "stuff" that may go on in some of these team tournaments. The teams that did well had good kickers and many of those fish were caught in the last few minutes of the tournament day. Congrats to all the teams that cashed in and I encourage everyone to try and get to Devils Lake and fish with AIM on July 10th if you haven't already signed up.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure wish we could have found them in the bay's like many did. Some of those waves would carry you 10 feet toward the bank in seconds. I can't believe the prop still looks like new;)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
To develop our AIM Length-to-Weight Conversion Chart, we looked at 3 different published Gov't and University data sources (we averaged them). Big fish do get a premium and that is one of the more exciting aspects of our format in my opinion. Go out and blast the 5 biggest fish you can find with no decisions on which fish to keep or any slot considerations. You catch it...it counts. I think its the fairest format in tournament walleye fishing today. It's the same for all teams and it really takes out of play a lot of the "stuff" that may go on in some of these team tournaments. The teams that did well had good kickers and many of those fish were caught in the last few minutes of the tournament day. Congrats to all the teams that cashed in and I encourage everyone to try and get to Devils Lake and fish with AIM on July 10th if you haven't already signed up.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

With no worry about fish limit and the length conversion, the weights are gonna be stout on Devils. For the weekend warrior, the one day format is nice. I would probably fish Devils if I wasn't in Ontario.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jim,

Just so context is clear it doesn't matter to me. Van Hook does conversions too.

The public sees weights and they think holy smokes the fish are giants. We are just curbing some of the enthusiasm because for whatever reason some are sensitive about that sort of thing (misleading big weights).

I like the format. It's fun. I worry a bit more about my camera failing or card corrupting but that would be an anomaly. Also rules are keen to quick release. When up against rocks/shore or have three crank rods still out a guy needs to address the boat before taking photos not to have a safety issue or create a mess of tangled lines. But we were pretty darn quick. Fish netted, crank rods on drift side instantly reeled up and the photo session underway.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which one of you crazy bastages decided to run to the embankment on Sunday? I seen somebody setting up a chiropractor appointment on their way back west early afternoon sunday. Holy smokies, wham, wham, wham, idle idle idle, wham wham wham, idle idle idle...

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which one of you crazy bastages decided to run to the embankment on Sunday? I seen somebody setting up a chiropractor appointment on their way back west early afternoon sunday. Holy smokies, wham, wham, wham, idle idle idle, wham wham wham, idle idle idle...

My partner knew the guys. Think they pulled some weight too.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

Was it a white ranger with yamahas on the back?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

We were crazy bastages. Silver ranger. Beyond rough

- - - Updated - - -

My partner knew the guys. Think they pulled some weight too.

Yeah we were talking to Tory after tourney at your boat. Crazy ride.

- - - Updated - - -

We were crazy bastages. Silver ranger. Beyond rough

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah we were talking to Tory after tourney at your boat. Crazy ride.

Went extra slow though. Didn't want to wreck stuff. Surprised we did not break anything all day

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 10
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3