Ready! Set! AIM Weekend Walleye Series Announces Tournament Sites For 2019

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
rking1.jpg

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't all this back and forth crap and name calling what killed the "other" website? Damn SDMF chill out. The two lakes you reference are huge. If you can't find a spot away from people you need to look a little harder. Go to VanHook any day of the week, I don't think a few tournaments are that big of a deal.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you can't find a spot away from people you need to look a little harder. Go to VanHook any day of the week, I don't think a few tournaments are that big of a deal.

And there you have it, another tournament angler who says that non-tourney anglers need to move. It's only a few tournaments? It's every fuggin' weekend!

I'm starting to think that the idea I came up with off the top of my head earlier in this thread holds a lot of merit.

"No more than 1 tournament per lake per summer in ND. No more than 1 tournament lake within the ND state borders per weekend." That can stand for the entire year, ice or soft water.

That way you tournament guys who want to commune, have comrades, fish together, compete, etc. can all get together in one place at one time and have a big 'ol tournament party. You'd probably have each "tournament" body of water to yourselves for both pre-fishing and tournament days because the non-tournament folks could easily avoid you attention whores much more easily.

As I've said many times, it's not about traffic, it's about attitude. All any one person needs to do it make the slightest whisper that tournaments are annoying and/or mighty plentiful and it's immediately intimated that the non-tournament fishermen should go somewhere else. That sort of attitude makes me want to spend tournament day teaching my 10yr old how to back up a boat trailer and run the boat on/off the trailer all day. After all, you tournament guys wouldn't complain about a dad teaching their youngster about all aspects of fishing now would you?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
FB_IMG_1550168377495.jpg. I just ordered er up. Watch out u tourney snobs. I gonna shoot a rooster tail a mile back

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am doing some mods on my Allison so it can handle the extra ponies

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe one needs to put together a non-tournament tournament in honor of SDMF? Call it the Horsager Open where there are no rules but the G&F rules, no boat races, no attitude and no weigh in. Also, gun talk is mandatory;-). All in jest as I haven’t fished an official tourney in a coons age. Can’t say that I like them or hate them. Meh

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
(No, it's not. It was overbearing moderation.) Caused by overbearing ego's and attitudes?​

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
And there you have it, another tournament angler who says that non-tourney anglers need to move. It's only a few tournaments? It's every fuggin' weekend!

I'm starting to think that the idea I came up with off the top of my head earlier in this thread holds a lot of merit.

That way you tournament guys who want to commune, have comrades, fish together, compete, etc. can all get together in one place at one time and have a big 'ol tournament party. You'd probably have each "tournament" body of water to yourselves for both pre-fishing and tournament days because the non-tournament folks could easily avoid you attention whores much more easily.

As I've said many times, it's not about traffic, it's about attitude. All any one person needs to do it make the slightest whisper that tournaments are annoying and/or mighty plentiful and it's immediately intimated that the non-tournament fishermen should go somewhere else. That sort of attitude makes me want to spend tournament day teaching my 10yr old how to back up a boat trailer and run the boat on/off the trailer all day. After all, you tournament guys wouldn't complain about a dad teaching their youngster about all aspects of fishing now would you?

Now you and I have known each other for a better part of 30 years. You know I have donated more tackle and spots to "families" out on the water than most.

Your broad brush does get old. Every tourney guy isn't an inconsiderate boob and not every weekend guy is a mindless idiot at the ramp and on the water. But, we have seen all of the afore mentioned in each group in a small %.

- - - Updated - - -

SnoBear 1.jpg. I just ordered er up. Watch out u tourney snobs. I gonna shoot a rooster tail a mile back

When I saw this announcement this AM I did finalize my order.... Just be careful and watch your water pressure when you are sending the rooster.

Last edited:

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member

I was not saying non-tournament anglers should move, my point was on the two big bodies of water, there are crowds everywhere, tournament or not. There is also a lot of water, so if you try a little bit, you can find a spot where no body will bother you. Do you purposely fish where the bite is slow so you can have the whole place to yourself? Show me a boat ramp during the prime of fishing season that isn't busy. As for every weekend, there are a lot, maybe too many, but like I said those bodies of water are hundreds of miles long. A tournament isn't that big of a deal. Many of them are used as fundraisers for good organizations. Some for sportsman's clubs, Pheasants for the Future, ect.... Some donate the fish to organizations.
You didn't just mention tournaments are annoying. You came out calling people you don't even know some pretty nasty things. There are assholes in all walks of life, we all might as well get used to it, and try not to be one ourselfs.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
And there you have it, another tournament angler who says that non-tourney anglers need to move. It's only a few tournaments? It's every fucking' weekend!

fixed it lets just use the words like they are supposed to be

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88