AKC labs pups due to arrive 12-19-15

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Female is my dog, very well-mannered and great hunting dog (mostly upland game and doves) AKC certified black lab she is 3 years old.
Male is a buddy of mine dog, again very well-mannered dog and a great hunter (mostly waterfowl) chocolate lab AKC certified about 6 months younger than mom.
I will post more pics on here once the pups are born, all dogs will be up to date on their shots and will have dew claws removed.
$500 for males $600 for females i can get pictures of both male and female, and female is always around and able to be seen for personality, can try to get something arranged to meet the father is wanted, but buddy lives about an hour away.

PM me if you have any questions!

1461877_10100751959479265_2062927790_n.jpg
here is a picture of the female "Quinn"

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to mention my location is Minto ND and and a number to get me at is 701 three three one 2553, and both labs are pointing labs neither have had pointing training but both dogs to come on to point when hunting upland game.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and these dogs will not be allowed to go to anti-hunters homes, i wouldnt want a lab to have to go through life like that...

- - - Updated - - -

12395597_10101636418186925_871381178_n.jpg

here is a picture of the male gunnar

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will the pups be shielded from racist micro-aggression?

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the weight of both parents? Parents hip and eye certified? Any guarantee on health?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
those are great looking dogs. My lab is about to have pups also thanks to the neighbors australian shepherd that ventured over to our place. he may end up on the missing list

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
parents are not hip or eye cert. but neither parent has show any hip issues or eye issues, both will hunt all day long male is around 70 lbs and average lab build female is about 60 and has a smaller more athletic build.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and no health guarantees, but there is a mans code, im not looking to screw anyone over you have a dog and it gets hit by a car you wont be getting your money back, you have a dog and it has some sort of a health issue we will work something out, no nothing set in stone just ones mans word to another is all i have for ya.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
those are great looking dogs. My lab is about to have pups also thanks to the neighbors australian shepherd that ventured over to our place. he may end up on the missing list

Those will be some excellent family/service dogs Eye. Possibility of good close hunters also. Australian shepherds are incredible dogs, I'm a BIG fan. I understand your frustration but try not to take it out on the pups! Those guys will be great companions to someone. One hunting weakness of the AS is definite dislike of gunshots. The lab genes may take over and you'd have a dog trying to herd a rooster back to you! If I were in your situation I'd be contacting service dog orgs immediately. I would also bob the tails. Please post many pics!

Last edited:

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm shopping for another pup right now but sorry $500-600 is too much to pay for a lab with no health clearances.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Juanner I hope I got the "thumbs up" for more than just the docked tail. This was more to highlight the Aussie traits. As I agree with the process; some breeds just don't look "right" and I completely understand keeping it. FWIW, I'll never own a "tailed" dog again. Too many advantages for the bob.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Juanner I hope I got the "thumbs up" for more than just the docked tail. This was more to highlight the Aussie traits. As I agree with the process; some breeds just don't look "right" and I completely understand keeping it. FWIW, I'll never own a "tailed" dog again. Too many advantages for the bob.

it was in agreement of your entire post, as I liked your advice. Not all dogs hunt, some are for looks, and some just pee and yap. The purpose of which is not known by me. I use my dogs as a companion in the field, to help hunt, and to provide a better experience. I would not have a dog that just pee'd in the house and yapped at guests. I have had multiple children and cured that desire.

Do dog abortions exist, or is that reserved for the rights of inner cities, and carelessness.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those will be some excellent family/service dogs Eye. Possibility of good close hunters also. Australian shepherds are incredible dogs, I'm a BIG fan. I understand your frustration but try not to take it out on the pups! Those guys will be great companions to someone. One hunting weakness of the AS is definite dislike of gunshots. The lab genes may take over and you'd have a dog trying to herd a rooster back too you! If I were in your situation I'd be contacting service dog orgs immediately. I would also bob the tails. Please post many pics!
My son has an Australian Shepherd/Yellow Lab cross. The thing can hunt pheasants to beat hell. Gun doesn't bother her a bit. Has all the instincts the lab has plus the stamina of the shepherd. Had no training and just took her out with my lab and instantly she knew what was going on. Retrieves to beat heck. It's baffling. So it might not be all bad. Great mind too

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks lunker, im definitely not set up to do the 3 year guarantee deal, but i can for sure do some sort of a contract stating that i'll give you the 72 or so hours to go and get the dog checked by a vet and if there becomes and issue with dog health i will return or exchange the dog.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son has an Australian Shepherd/Yellow Lab cross. The thing can hunt pheasants to beat hell. Gun doesn't bother her a bit. Has all the instincts the lab has plus the stamina of the shepherd. Had no training and just took her out with my lab and instantly she knew what was going on. Retrieves to beat heck. It's baffling. So it might not be all bad. Great mind too
If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of this cross.

- - - Updated - - -

th

- - - Updated - - -

th

- - - Updated - - -

th

- - - Updated - - -

th

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
72 hrs is nothing and most puppies are going to 'check out' in that timeframe. your prices buy quite a few guarantees from reputable breeders around the area. SO, either lower your price and keep ur no-guarantees OR offer a real guarantee NOT the DREADED!!!!!! 'we'll figure it out if something bad happens' (I'M RUNNING AWAY AT THIS POINT!!!!!!)

give them 4 months or some such and of course, they'd have to provide vetrenarian documentation that it was something genetic and not an accident/operator error type situation

chances are you'll sell out near your asking price if you do this, and none will come back (what are you out if one happens to?????)

anyhow, 1 mans opinion. you arent likely to get additional opinions on this site..........

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Tale of Rags

Dog in the middle (above) looks like "Rags" (except for the blue eyes) the best upland dog ever was in the Hills. My gawd I used to love hunting with this boy and his owner's Baker Bros 16ga on "loan" from his granddad. Never has a dog busted so much brush. He was a "pointer" and loved the kill. There was no retrieving in this dog's blood but he DAMN sure made sure you retrieved the kill with a paw stomp and sit. He would kill wounded game by stomping on it. Mostly rabbits. You never knew if it was a rabbit or bird when he went on "point" but it was time for a shot when he sat and refused to move. Rags provided a few foxes in his day and was the perfect dog for early teen "hunters" when you could get a hundred bucks for a good red. He seemed to terrify game and knew how to freeze it until he could stamp and flush for a shot. He would keep on a rabbit to the hole and let you know with a "sit". When you missed a grouse he would return to you and stamp the ground like he was trying to flush. Rags was a fine dog. If he were able to hunt ringneck, he may have bitten a lousy shooter which would have been formidable as he was the size of a calf moose.

Rags never chased deer. They never interested him. He was all about upland.

I always shared most of my lunch with him. I was too excited to eat a lot and tried to provide Mr. Rags with more energy. The damn dog loved apples. There I was hunting with the perfect gun and dog I wished were mine. I bonded with Rags and my memories are bittersweet.

His genius owner ruined him with a 6 through his nose when chasing a cottontail. Rags got fat and began to prefer the porch. The sight of a gun made him thump his tail and retreat elsewhere. Appreciate what you have. It could be someone else's dream.

Last edited:

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sir would be your opinion and a shitty one at that. But thank you for your much needed comment.
The stud and the bitch should have had the following health tests before breeding: OFA Hips & Elbows, Eyes CERf'd, EIC & CNM. The last thing I want is a dog I have invested time and money in training and gotten attached to the dog and find out a couple years down the road that the dog has health problems. Next thing you know I have big vet bills and a dog that can't hunt. Responsible breeding is a must for me to buy a dog.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88