AKC labs pups due to arrive 12-19-15

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a buddy pick up a nice looking Golden, the first time that dog heard a loud gun shot, it was gun shy and never hunted for him ever.

Not sure you can test for that, but I would be more upset about a gun shy dog, than if I bought a $1,500 shot gun that jammed every other round.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure you can test for that, but I would be more upset about a gun shy dog, than if I bought a $1,500 shot gun that jammed every other round.

74609ee59e78b1436363e11f1e679157.jpg

the cortisol just flowed at the mention - you jackwagon

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a buddy pick up a nice looking Golden, the first time that dog heard a loud gun shot, it was gun shy and never hunted for him ever.

Gun shyness is 90% of the time the fault of the owner, but that said gun shyness can be fixed. Bad hips, eyes, and other major (and common) issues amongst the Lab breed cannot.

72 hour guarantee is worthless. You are a back yard breeder and thats fine. But charging reputable breeder prices for a dog that has no track record of coming from healthy bloodlines is pretty sketchy IMO.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought my opinion on the matter was the last opinion?! ¿¡ Wth

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gun shyness is 90% of the time the fault of the owner, but that said gun shyness can be fixed. Bad hips, eyes, and other major (and common) issues amongst the Lab breed cannot.

72 hour guarantee is worthless. You are a back yard breeder and thats fine. But charging reputable breeder prices for a dog that has no track record of coming from healthy bloodlines is pretty sketchy IMO.

I think arrows puppies will be healthy based on the idea that he wants these dogs to go to a home where they will be able to hunt. I believe that he will have the final say on who he sells his dogs to for what he sees is fair. I assume the 500+ is for breeding rights to the owner of said dog. Most will pay for a dog who has extensive research for blood lines of past breeders. So at the end of the day ones honor and reputation goes far when it comes to placing a dog to a good home where the dog will be able to use the traits the dog was bred for.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I look at is as long as the dog is a good pet that's all I ask. I have no problem paying 600 for a dog even without the health guarantee. My dogs don't go to trainers. I will do that myself if a guy can't spend 20 min a day training a dog u have no reason even owning one imo. My dogs are pets 300 plus days a year. Having a dog that I can take hunting is just a bonus. I'm sure someone is going to blast me for this and I don't give a F.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
his prices aren't out of line with what people are asking for certified dogs. Some are outrageous.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I look at is as long as the dog is a good pet that's all I ask. I have no problem paying 600 for a dog even without the health guarantee. My dogs don't go to trainers. I will do that myself if a guy can't spend 20 min a day training a dog u have no reason even owning one imo. My dogs are pets 300 plus days a year. Having a dog that I can take hunting is just a bonus. I'm sure someone is going to blast me for this and I don't give a F.

Even more reason to do everything you can to make sure you have a healthy dog.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't give a eff about grapefruit or recycling.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya im not to worried about getting rid of the dogs most of the people i hunt with know both dogs and would love to have a dog like one of these two especially their off spring together, i was just simply making a post on here to see if there were any interest in someone wanting a dog, not a lecture for fnznfwl on how incompetent at breeding dogs i am, no im not a full time dog breeder, yes i have a pure bred black lab that has been an amazing girl to hunting behind, yes i have a buddy who has a chocolate lab that is pure bred and has been a dream for him to hunt behind, yes i thought those two dogs would make good puppies as they both have good temperament, hunting skills, and have been very healthy dogs. Yes, i thought doing something like this would make sense as i thought there was a good chance the litter has the potential to be a great litter of pups, if you dont want a dog from me fnz that is all fine and dandy, your loss, but fine and dandy and until you buy a dog from me and have an issue with it and i dont do whats right on my end and resolve the issue at hand then the best course of action would be to step away from the thread and the key board. have a good morning..

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO prices are just as dependent on bloodlines, even more so than health certs. Our stud dog was a hair over a grand and our bitch was about $1200. Yes, they had their certs, but the bloodlines and responsible breeders that they came from made it worth it.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
here are some pics of my son's Yellow Lab/Australian Shepherd cross.
Kimber 1.jpgKimber 2.jpgkimber 3.jpgKimber 4.jpg

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bred my chocolatelab twice. First time the litter was sold before it hit the ground. So a year later we had a repeat breeding
and all pups were sold but one. Had a guy come to pick up his dog and ended up taking both. I didn't have a hard time selling akc registered pointing labs for 300 and 350 without health guarantees, but I know for twice that money people could have gotten from high end breeders in the state. I didn't guarantee pointing or health, but all the dogs that were trained to hunt, point and hunt hard. Some went to hunting families that only hunt a few times a year and they hunt how they were trained. Good luck with the pups and with dews, shot and food not to mention on what puppies can destroy in your house you are above the break even point. Puppies are a lot of work. I am in the market, but not until spring. May breed my female one more time if I can handle the mess.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have 5-6 people hounding me to breed him cuz they want a pup.

ahh i see what you are saying, yes if i decide to breed her again i will let ya know!

- - - Updated - - -

here are some pics of my son's Yellow Lab/Australian Shepherd cross.
woman-drinking-coffee-in-cafe.jpgwoman-drinking-coffee-in-cafe.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgCCYG Youth Day.jpg

those dogs in the first pic look funny? what kind of mix are those two on the right?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88