Alberta Muley Hunt

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone do a muley hunt up in Alberta? Who did you go with, semi-guided or guided? Was looking into a DIY muley hunt up there, but without the right connections it looks to be almost impossible.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe a guided hunt is the only option and the costs are 7k plus. Lot of cash for one deer...

WSWAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can't hunt Mule deer in Alberta unguided. If you shop around you can find hunts from $5-8 grand with tag. Not cheap but if you want to hunt big mule deer now days nothing is. Or you don't want to wait once every 7-8 years in ND. Best areas in Alberta have limited tags from 2-15 tags a unit only for non residents so this is part of why they are priced what they are. I have been there last 2 years with great success and have just come to the conclusion I just have to save the money to hunt there as I don't want to not hunt while I wait for ND tags and public land in Montana is getting infested with hunters also.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can't hunt Mule deer in Alberta unguided. If you shop around you can find hunts from $5-8 grand with tag. Not cheap but if you want to hunt big mule deer now days nothing is. Or you don't want to wait once every 7-8 years in ND. Best areas in Alberta have limited tags from 2-15 tags a unit only for non residents so this is part of why they are priced what they are. I have been there last 2 years with great success and have just come to the conclusion I just have to save the money to hunt there as I don't want to not hunt while I wait for ND tags and public land in Montana is getting infested with hunters also.

What part of Alberta did you go? I've been looking and that's the price range i've found also. Did you do archery or gun?

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone go up there this year? How was the hunting?

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
They charge in US funds or Canadian? Exchange rate puts 5-8k fairly reasonable.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84