Alone

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you watch "alone" on the history channel? It may be the best reality show ever.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, great series. All of us outdoorsmen think we could do it and physically most of us could but the mental side of it would be killer. I do backpack elk hunts in Colorado and with 2 people it's not hard to stay out for 5 days or so but when I'm alone 3 days is about max.

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its an interesting show, but I disagree with u on most of us could do it..... no offense to anyone but the majority of people couldn't start a fire in that wet environment. Majority of people haven't ever tried anything like that, although we would like to think we could do it.
It would be fun to try and see how long I would last though.... I could definitely outlast the cop though! Ha.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a couple episodes today, seems pretty interesting. Would like to think I would be able to handle it but bet I would hit that button pretty quick. Lol

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep in mind they don't bring all the stuff u have in your hunting pack... they were allowed 10 items to chose from and 50lbs of camera gear to lug around

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like "naked and afraid" better. I find myself playing the scenario game frequently with that show.......:cool: and actually that show on the weather channel "fat guys in the woods" isn't too bad either. a lot of different fire starting and survival methods are used in various conditions which at least allows me to glean a morsel or two of information as opposed to watching "southpark" re-runs

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77