American Sniper's Jason Hall to make directorial debut "Thank You For Your Service"

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
American Sniper's Jason Hall to make directorial debut "Thank You For Your Service"

Jason Hall wrote the script and it was going to be directed by Spielberg, but I guess Spielberg handed the wheel over to Hall. Casting is in progress and filming is supposed to start in the spring. Its going to be an adaptation of David Finkel's books "The Good Soldiers" and "Thank You For Your Service"

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58750588/

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
The books and the movie are about a kid from Minot

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, I just watched the movie finally. I am sort of at a loss for words. Can someone explain the point of all this shit please! ? Is there really any possible end to this madness?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, I just watched the movie finally. I am sort of at a loss for words. Can someone explain the point of all this shit please! ? Is there really any possible end to this madness?
Well, there is...eventually all hell is gonna break loose.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
ONot sure what you are looking for, but I think the story explains itself. .
I would rather shit like that was saved for our hollywood buddy's, the slightest in touch soon after all is said.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
you didn't miss anything. i just finally watched that movie. i enjoyed the story about chris. but, the underlying story about what the hell is going on in the middle east is just very disturbing to me. combine that film with the half/dozen or so others i've seen about iraq and afghanistan and i just can't help but ask what the hell the point of it all is. why are we over there? how many american lives are we gonna wreck and how many dollars are we willing to spend in order to insure a bunch of sand people don't kill each other? i might look at it differently if i thought we had the stomach to see the job out until the end. or if i thought they actually wanted us over there. but, i don't think either are the case. maybe i am wrong... but, they seem to loathe us and welcome perpetual war and rule by tyrannical maniacs. would it really kill us to just let them spend another millenia killing each other? do i need to post another 20 questions? i assume everyone else has similar questions. like i said... ahh... fuck it.

maybe i should've clarified... the "movie" i am speaking of was american sniper.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was none too happy when we went into Iraq. Thought it was bound to end up a "Soviet Union Visits Afghanistan" replay. Yep. A real shocker how that turned out.

Had Schwarzkopf followed those camel humpers into Iraq when they were chased out after invading Kuwait - and given Saddam his spanking back then - I think the world/region would have seen it as the proper a$$whooping.

But they pulled back for reasons I can't argue with (spanking anybody in Iraq would have been much harder than simply running them out of Kuwait).

But to go in years later for "yellow cake concerns" seemed really dumb at the time. I was very unhappy then.

But rightly or wrongly - I'll never forget the grim satisfaction I felt when I saw the reports about the Highway of Death out of Kuwait. Keep in mind exactly what the Iraqi's had been up to in Kuwait, dirty bastages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Death

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
you didn't miss anything. i just finally watched that movie. i enjoyed the story about chris. but, the underlying story about what the hell is going on in the middle east is just very disturbing to me. combine that film with the half/dozen or so others i've seen about iraq and afghanistan and i just can't help but ask what the hell the point of it all is. why are we over there? how many american lives are we gonna wreck and how many dollars are we willing to spend in order to insure a bunch of sand people don't kill each other? i might look at it differently if i thought we had the stomach to see the job out until the end. or if i thought they actually wanted us over there. but, i don't think either are the case. maybe i am wrong... but, they seem to loathe us and welcome perpetual war and rule by tyrannical maniacs. would it really kill us to just let them spend another millenia killing each other? do i need to post another 20 questions? i assume everyone else has similar questions. like i said... ahh... fuck it.

maybe i should've clarified... the "movie" i am speaking of was american sniper.

Its really quite easy to understand if you look at who is putting our politicians in office, funding their campaigns. Corporations own our government under our current system and for them to stay profitable, we need to be involved in ongoing external conflicts.... Follow the money trail and you will see why the US is constantly at war!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Anyone with any knowledge of the area, and its VIOLENT HISTORY for the past 2000 years all ready knew this. But yet, people think you some hippe liberal anti-war nut when speaking up about staying the hell out of there. We did it somewhat right in Kuwait, hit hard accomplish the objective, get the hell out. Bush should have NEVER went back to Iraq, ever since we took out Sadam, Iraq has been a mess. That world needs ruthless dictators, sad but true.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74