and now 4 Marines...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is too important to bury in the political tomb of this site, so i am going to play this straight...

today i mourn for the heros and the families of those who prematurely gave up their lives because they chose a life of service to our country... it is another sad day for our country in general in many ways which i cannot even understand... i have friends and family in the military and cannot even comprehend how they must feel tonight... what once was a feared and respected uniform is now a target, and it makes me sad and nervous for my heirs...

i'm gearing up for the second warriors on the water event in a few weeks... i can't even imagine that someone who has fished in my boat, or who may, may now be a target in their own homes or offices or on their base, because they are willing to defend me and my family...

please respect the flag, what it means/meant, and those who defend it... seek out current members of our military and thank them for their service... take a vet fishing for no reason... put an american flag on your truck window again and be proud of it...

there are active members and vets who read these forums every day... lets show them our appreciation and support any way we can... we as nodak angler, and north dakota can be an example of how things should be all across our country again...

God Bless the USA and her defenders...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
God bless them and their families. I don't want to be infuriated on the front page. I couldn't ignore anymore. I've actually had it with politics also. This doesn't mean "they've" won and my heart isn't in the right place. I still try to keep abreast of current events mid-way down the shiitter as to know when to drown.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just imagine all of the copycat whackos out there that want to make the news as this dipshit did? The same thing happened with the suicide mass-killings in Connecticut, South Carolina, Georgia, Colorado, etc. One person does it and another dozen seem to follow suit. This latest action will be no different.

There are more whackos today than ever before. We're doomed as a free nation!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My thoughts and prayers go out to my brothers in arms and their families for the young lives cut short and for those lives forever changed. Just another example of that ideologies version of PEACE!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
sad to say this is going to become an all too familiar happening.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Raider you have hit the nail right on the head. This country needs to show more support for her defenders. These men and woman are willing to pay foe our freedom with their lives. We need to as a whole country get behind them and show them our support

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
raider , well said.

About a month ago we had a Youth rodeo up here an I have been announcing them the last couple years.. As we prepared to present the flags I shared some thoughts that I had wrote for the occasion after watching videos of people stomping on our flag and disrespecting those that have given us so much. I'll share them here.

"As we prepare to present the flags, I would ask that we all take a moment before they enter the arena and close our eyes.

Picture if you would the first flag. 13 stars and 13 stripes sewn as a symbol of unity, a belief of something better, an ideal of greatness, the birth of a nation that young men marched to battle for, fought and bled and died to gain.

Picture if you would a torn and tattered flag, a symbol of a nation of freedom and independence from tyranny flying over battlefields all around the world far, far away thru the years, giving courage and strength to the men and women who answered the call to service leaving family and home to protect with their lives these things in which we believe.

Picture if you would the still, solemn grace of this flag hanging quietly, silently amidst rows of white tombstones against the green grass as far as the eye can see and think of those countless lives given in the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation.

As the riders enter the arena, and we honor this nations symbol, please open your eyes and ask, what does this flag mean to me............................."

May these men rest in peace knowing the gratitude of our nation for their service.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are all marines 'heroes' or are all heroes marines?

Were these guys unarmed? Youd think active duty military employees would at least have some rifles in the office....

Im not trying to bash on military personnel by any means, but IMO the term HERO is thrown around a little too loosely lately.

Firefighter that pulls 3 kids and a dog out of a burning building = HERO
Sniper that saves countless american lives over in shit hole Iraq = HERO
Guy that works in air conditioned office recruiting young kids to get killed in unnecessary wars created by corrupt politicians to fuel our huge military/industrial war machine, maybe not so much....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are all marines 'heroes' or are all heroes marines?

Were these guys unarmed? Youd think active duty military employees would at least have some rifles in the office....

Im not trying to bash on military personnel by any means, but IMO the term HERO is thrown around a little too loosely lately.

Firefighter that pulls 3 kids and a dog out of a burning building = HERO
Sniper that saves countless american lives over in shit hole Iraq = HERO
Guy that works in air conditioned office after serving time overseas where he/she may have seen some stuff we could only interpret as a nightmare, recruiting young kids to get killed in unnecessary wars created by corrupt politicians to fuel our huge military/industrial war machine, maybe not so much....

Fixed it for you lycan. You don't know what anyone as been through, even if they wear their dress uniform to work every day.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recruitment offices and most military offices and areas are actually " Gun Free Zones" Our government took away their ability to defend themselves.

And as far as Im concerned Everyone who signs their name on that line and is willing to lose their life defending my freedom is a hero and worth looking up to with honor and respect. Most recruiters have a history of service and the recruitment centers are their after the fact job. I know the guys around here have done a lot more than just sit in a air conditioned office their whole military career.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fixed it for you lycan. You don't know what anyone as been through, even if they wear their dress uniform to work every day.

Im not saying these werent heros, but assuming they were because they wear a uniform is a stretch, thats all Im saying. Thats like saying every police officer in the country is a 'hero' even after you see them in videos strangling unarmed mentally ill civilians to death... Just because someone was killed at work, does that make them a hero? Is everyone that died in the 911 attack a 'hero'? I just hate to see words that used to have significant meaning degraded, not talking about this instance specifically, but assuming people are 'heros' irks me a little.

Also not a huge fan of the US's often unnecessary aggression towards other countries. Not saying there arent circumstances where we need to get our military involved, but there have been several good examples lately where we have gotten involved and things turned out worse for EVERYONE....

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lycanthrope..... USMC Gunnery Sgt. Thomas Sullivan..RIP.... Purple Heart Recipient....Sounds like a HERO to ME! As do the unknown other 3.....

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recruitment offices and most military offices and areas are actually " Gun Free Zones" Our government took away their ability to defend themselves.

And as far as Im concerned Everyone who signs their name on that line and is willing to lose their life defending my freedom is a hero and worth looking up to with honor and respect. Most recruiters have a history of service and the recruitment centers are their after the fact job. I know the guys around here have done a lot more than just sit in a air conditioned office their whole military career.

Good point, especially for those who did it for patriotic reasons vs financial.... IMO any military office should be armed and equipped with at least body armor and light weapons...

- - - Updated - - -

Lycanthrope..... USMC Gunnery Sgt. Thomas Sullivan..RIP.... Purple Heart Recipient....Sounds like a HERO to ME! As do the unknown other 3.....

Like I said above, Im not saying these werent heros, I was just saying the term is very loosely applied these days, which I feel is unfortunate. This is very tragic, there is no denying that....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get what you are saying Lycan.

I heard Bruce Jenner is now being referred to as a HERO for trying to be a woman. Seems this is exactly the point you are getting at. I think if a person signs up to be a fireman, policeman, military, etc that alone might not qualify you as being a hero, but rarely is that all these people do.

God bless America, and our military.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get what you are saying Lycan.

I heard Bruce Jenner is now being referred to as a HERO for trying to be a woman. Seems this is exactly the point you are getting at. I think if a person signs up to be a fireman, policeman, military, etc that alone might not qualify you as being a hero, but rarely is that all these people do.

God bless America, and our military.

I agree, Bruce Jenner is far from a hero, I will not go into my thoughts on that subject as they do not belong on this thread. The word hero is very loosely used in this day and age. your a hero for being gay, your a hero for being a tranny, your a hero for many reasons. Im sorry i do not find these actions heroic, with these actions you are putting your wants and " needs" ahead of others. IMO you are being selfish attention magnets,

But to be part of something much greater than ones self is in my eyes heroic. As Johnr Stated Firemen, Police, Military, and I will add other first responders in there as well. These are people who are signing up to put others first. they risk their safety for the public good.
Some do it for the money but none of these pay that well, in fact I believe some where around 70% of firefighters in the US are on volunteer fire departments. So they are risking life and limb with no financial gain. Does simply signing up make you a hero, maybe not. But the untold storys of so many of our brothers and sisters doing things that many of us can only have nightmares about makes them my heros.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another Gun Free Zone attack...weird. With that said my thoughts are with the friends and families of these victims. Terrible ordeal all around.

GST, very touching words and an amazing visual. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75