and.........

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah if by legendary you mean exploit state resources for the benefit of the few. we are legendary at every angle.

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
And it only took a few hours into the morning for a pickup full of blue platers to drive by 4 posted signs only to stop 300 yards from my farm yard and start shooting ducks out of the slough. They wonder why they don't get a warm welcoming when they enter our state. Have pictures of their plates as well as their drivers licenses which at first they didn't want to give but at that point they were in no position to argue. Next call was to the local GW. Now there is no more ducks in the slough I was planning on hunting in the am. Thanks blue platters.

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
After meeting with the GW today showed him their drivers licenses he told me that one of them he sited last year for 5 duck over his limit. I then gave my statement for him to go ahead and throw the book at them instead of a warning.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
After meeting with the GW today showed him their drivers licenses he told me that one of them he sited last year for 5 duck over his limit. I then gave my statement for him to go ahead and throw the book at them instead of a warning.
good on you for not putting up with that shite.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
At what point can a citizen force another citizen to give up their drivers license. Good for you for getting it, but I would've told you to eff off.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe in SD if you are hunting or fishing, and someone asks you to show them your license, you have too or you are in violation of a GFP rule.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friday before NR opener...had way too much fun slamming mallards and watching rigs roll by on scouting runs. Two guys, full limits, and a few bonus honkers.

Eat it Sconis!!!

IMG_1386.JPG.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
im surprised "lord dean of the fowl Nelson" hasn't belittled, dis agreed, or let you guys know how much your complaining about NR's and his take on it.

he apparently doesn't think its all that bad

maybe he just doesn't like me..........well the feelings are mutual at least

didn't hunt this weekend, took the little bro out goat hunting for opener. boy talk about a tough weekend down in the SW with the rain/wind. he ended up taking a pretty solid goat but holy the trucks out there too. im only an armchair biologist at best but I gotta think they went a tad aggressive on the tags down there in 4A anyhow. but conditions were horrible so that led to less goats out and about I assume.

sorry to jack the thread back to the NR bashing. congrats trip on the hunt. bet that felt good

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
At what point can a citizen force another citizen to give up their drivers license. Good for you for getting it, but I would've told you to eff off.
And you telling me to eff off while on private land that is posted then you are doing something illegal. That would be the difference in me telling the GW to give you the warning or telling him to go ahead and pull your license. A little respect towards landowners goes a long way.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be respectful to you and would not purposely be in violation. YOU would not see my DL.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.kxnet.com/story/30195289/nonresident-waterfowl-licenses-to-stay-same-in-south-dakota

[h=3]Nonresident waterfowl licenses to stay same in South Dakota[/h]Posted: Oct 06, 2015 7:12 AM CDTUpdated: Oct 06, 2015 7:13 AM CDT
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - South Dakota's Game, Fish and Parks Commission has once again declined to increase licenses for nonresident waterfowl hunters.
The commission has refused to consider a petition from the South Dakota Opportunity Group sportsmen's organization that advocated changes including increasing nonresident waterfowl licenses by 5 percent.
The Capital Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1LvhGy7 ) that the petition came five months after the commission unanimously rejected other proposed changes aimed at increasing the number of out-of-state waterfowl hunters in South Dakota.
Proponents of expanding nonresident waterfowl hunting believe it would boost the state's economy. Opponents believe it would degrade hunting opportunities for state residents.
Information from: Pierre Capital Journal, http://www.capjournal.com
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
And you telling me to eff off while on private land that is posted then you are doing something illegal. That would be the difference in me telling the GW to give you the warning or telling him to go ahead and pull your license. A little respect towards landowners goes a long way.

Haha, I am not trying to show you I have a bigger pecker. I am stating that you or any other non law enforcement person is not going to force me to do anything.
I also would not be hunting on land that is posted or that I didn't have permission to be on, so the circumstance would not have ever happened to me.
I respect that you confronted these guys on your land and all, I am just surprised at your ability to make an armed grown man do what you say, in this circumstance I would have called the sheriff on myself and told you to eff off, show me a badge or go to hell, a farmer doesn't have the rights to police his land as if he is the law, judge and jury, that is why we elect and hire sheriffs and sheriff deputies. Could have gone bad quick if you would have been too aggressive with these guys.
I respect all peoples property, including their right to qualified law enforcement person if needed.

Either way, not looking to argue with you, I applaud your ability to handle these jokers. Good on you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55