and.........

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my way home yesterday I noticed a field with a few hundred big geese. I really didn't feel like hunting today but noticed a few OOSers lurking around the area...... I took one for the team and absolutely tore that field up this morning. I had big geese maple-leafing in from a half mile out. I know this may sound bad to some of you but it felt really good scattering the birds around the county as multiple groups of Blue platers and sconis drove by. . . . .I knew they were NR's by the elmer fud like appearance and toppers with cooler racks. also saw 2 had to be 18 ft trailers and prius-like car with some Canada silloettes.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just had the first group stop by the farm and ask atleast they did that. I should be kind of nice im taking a blue plater out tomorrow.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm so glad our state has the sense to limit the amount of NR's like SD does to preserve the quality of their hunting.......oh wait.......they dont.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blue Platers=Funny

Kickemup, does that mean you are more open to ND residents hunting? I am not into waterfowl, but curious.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been a while since I've been through Devils Lake during opening week, but, the last time I was I saw 2 fan boats in town. Any/every manner of conveyance and/or concealment relating to waterfowling you've ever heard or dreamed of can be found in DL next week.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a blue plater today in a store that thought it was necessary to already have his face paint on. Looked like kitten whiskers. Yes I said kitten whiskers and no I can't confirm he was a blue plater, but I can only assume.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We westerners don't get to many waterfowl hunters out this way, but you can sure tell the pheasant hunters from out of state, as they have orange on from top to bottom, and lots of times are in a minivan?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is a good friend of mines father in law and I hunt on his land. I think that is a good trade. I just let him drive I won't be seen in a Minnesota pickup.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My type:

th

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would rather see them blue blates now then in two weeks. Must not be to many of them - no issues getting a room up north.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would rather see them blue blates now then in two weeks. Must not be to many of them - no issues getting a room up north.
they have been coming later and later every year. try finding a field up north for snow geese nowadays. they wont even let them touch there feet to the ground. we are the playground and training grounds for all the guys who eventually go to Canada. . . . anyone I know who has been waterfowling for awhile laughs at the crappy hunting we have hear compared to Canada.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran to Starkweather and back on my route today and it was a steady stream of duck boats on hwy 2 and I-29. Never thought to look at the plates, was too busy at looking at their rigs. The numbers of birds is steadily climbing, saw a lot more today than I had previously.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just had the first group stop by the farm and ask atleast they did that. I should be kind of nice im taking a blue plater out tomorrow and making him wear a full body decoy

I should be kind of nice im taking a blue plater out tomorrow and leaving him for dead

I should be kind of nice im taking a blue plater out tomorrow. I Think I'll use a ball-pean hammer.

I should be kind of nice im taking a blue plater to the TX border and pushing him over the fence. Let's see how the Mexicans like it!

Fixed it for ya...

- - - Updated - - -

"999 things to do with a blueplater"

dr_weather

Founding Member
Founding Member
they have been coming later and later every year. try finding a field up north for snow geese nowadays. they wont even let them touch there feet to the ground. we are the playground and training grounds for all the guys who eventually go to Canada. . . . anyone I know who has been waterfowling for awhile laughs at the crappy hunting we have hear compared to Canada.

Got to admit, I'm heading to Saskatoon in three weeks for the white birds. All the new oil visitors keep the few snows moving here out west; I gave up on DL a few years ago. Just not what it used to be.

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been out shooting ducks and geese this week and just today started to see not only blue platers but Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana driving around the field we were decoying sitting on the road watching. Great time extra posted signs went up today.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54