Another grill recommendatiion thread!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
this shake diet makes my one meal a day a huge anticipation.

2016-03-30 16.34.56.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
-

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have a built in grill? I have had this one for over two years. It's built like a tank, double insulated lid and works great even in the winter. The brand is Lion but there are other brands cheaper and some double the price of mine. Every piece is heavy duty 304 stainless. For as much as I grill it was just what I needed. Still thinking of getting an egg and installing in the other counter top some day to have more options. I entertain often btw
e3ea5b9e8c56118972337541eb5f5fca.jpg
that's awesome. I know where I want to have supper next time I work in Minot

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a Amaze-n-pellet smoker box and tube for my Weber. Light the pellets up from one end for a little smoke or ligth both ends for additonal smoke. Can even pick it up from Owens bbq. If I was to have one grill it would be a Weber gas grill

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amaz-n-Pellet smoker is a very handy tool, especially in places where space is at a premium and maybe a person only has room for one grill/cooker.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
b4 i went pellet, the best grill i had was a weber genesis... i started with the cheap walmart gas grills 25 years ago, but would burn them up in in about 2 years... they came with the lava rocks at the time, and really gave great flavor when you got the rocks seasoned after about a year... i always put my old lava racks in the new grill, and added a few for the ones that had burned up to fill the bottom grate again...

about 15 years ago, my dad bought a genesis with the flavorizer bars and didn't like it... he was a true charcoal guy, and didn't like the flare ups of the gas, so he gave it to me... i was not impressed with the new flavorizer bar setup, so i found a grate i could cut down to replace the bars and put my old lava rocks on it... the taste was back and i was happy... that grill finally burned through and was junk about 4 years ago... i replaced it with a q, but because of space was never able to get the spacing right between the rocks and the top grate... the holes in the gas tube were also pointed up instead of out the side as well, and would clog up... also, i hate the grate on that thing... hot and cold spots all over with the design of the grate... it is now relegated to occasional weekend duty in the summer up at camp...

fwiw, the best results i had out of a grill b4 the traeger was the genesis re-worked with the lava rocks... i tried the smoker box and tube in it, but got way better flavor just throwing some wood chips on the lava rocks when i started to cook... awesome flavor, but i had to babysit it all the time and move meat away from fire spots...

i'm seasoning up a couple of pork buts now that will hit the traeger in the morning... i'll throw them on, fill the hopper, and maybe lift the cover to check on them twice in a 10 hour cook... temp will stay consistent, even with the heating and changing sun and wind of the day, and i will pull off 2 beautiful crispy but juicy butts tomorrow evening...

:;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93