Antelope Tag 9-C

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually, my area is closed to antelope hunting. This year it is open. 9-C

There is a very nice billy and fat nannies on my property. Bow opens August 30th. Might be tough for bow but there are round bales out in the open for cover.

Gun opens October 4th. They don't like my neighbors land right now because small grains, corn and sunflowers are standing. My crops are off and they like the short.

Got a license, send me a pm. Come early, take a look, I think that billy is quite large.

1723771881029.png

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting antelope is one of the best hunts ever . And even in today’s world access for antelope is fairly easy. Most ranchers don’t want them around . I have a Montana speed goat tag and I’m pretty pumped . Love hunting them

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I would have gotten a tag with my eight points. I was excited for my home county to be open again. Good on you to offer a spot.

NodakBob

★ Legendary Member
Used to love spot and stalk goats with a recurve…and like the video usually came home empty handed but had so much fun, have only shot one that way.
Had a tag two years ago and tried waterholes in 100 degree temps…8 hours in a blind in that weather drains a guy, and nothing showed up due to water everywhere, ow well. Tagged em with a 6 mm after a two mile sneak a month later.
IMG_4010.jpeg

gillraker

Given that 52 of the 55 tags in Fritz's unit are Gratis Tags, what are the chances one of the three license holders are on Nodak Angler?

https://gf.nd.gov/licensing/lotteries/summary/pronghorn
Are the gratis tag holders required to hunt only on the property listed on their gratis tag? I would find it quite remarkable if there are a huntable number of pronghorn on that many parcels/quarters of land in that unit. :unsure:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are the gratis tag holders required to hunt only on the property listed on their gratis tag? I would find it quite remarkable if there are a huntable number of pronghorn on that many parcels/quarters of land in that unit. :unsure:

Yes, those are the rules of a gratis tag. So, you are correct in that 52 landowners in the unit believe they have a chance to fill a pronghorn tag on their land. Or something like that.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, those are the rules of a gratis tag. So, you are correct in that 52 landowners in the unit believe they have a chance to fill a pronghorn tag on their land. Or something like that.
It’s a legit question because for elk gratis they are not limited to only their land. So pronghorn gratis rules must be like deer then where you have to hunt only your land

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s a legit question because for elk gratis they are not limited to only their land. So pronghorn gratis rules must be like deer then where you have to hunt only your land
What the hell kind of a deal is that ? Don't get it 🤔
Why wouldn't you be restricted for the piece of land you applied for?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the regulations link under Pronghorn hunting:
Gratis – Gratis licenses are available to North Dakota residents who own, or lease for agricultural purposes and actively farm or ranch, at least 150 acres of land located in an open hunting unit. These licenses are valid only upon land described on the license. No other licenses are required for gratis.

https://gf.nd.gov/regulations/pronghorn#eligibility

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The elk landowner preference tag rules:

Elk Landowner Preference License​

Any resident who owns, or leases for agricultural purposes and actively farms or ranches, a minimum of 150 acres of land in designated areas is eligible to apply for a landowner preference elk license. Allocation of these licenses is as follows: unit E1E, 23 licenses; unit E1W, 30 licenses; unit E2, 21 licenses; unit E3, 46 licenses; unit E4, licenses issued in accordance with exemptions provided under N.D.C.C. 20.1-03-11.7; unit E6, two licenses. Individuals who receive a landowner preference license must pay the appropriate big game license fee. Preferential licenses for units E1E, E1W, E2 and E6 may be used until filled, in both bow and regular seasons subject to the rules of the season. Landowner preference licenses are valid for any elk. Landowner preference licenses are not valid in unit E5. Landowner elk license holders may hunt anywhere in the unit where their qualifying land is located. Unit E3 or E4 preferential elk licenses may be used to harvest an elk causing depredation from May 1–July 31. License holders intending to harvest a depredating elk must notify the Game and Fish Department at least 24 hours prior to harvesting an animal, and also must notify the Department within 24 hours after the harvest takes place.

So, these are somewhat different than gratis tags since landowners have a smaller pool of competition for what are still a somewhat limited tag. I suppose some landowners get tags multiple years in a row, but that probably varies a fair bit between units.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make this make sense.

There are units that offer very few tags, which tells me there are not that many goats in the area. So, why wouldn't they have buck only tags in those areas? Some units are fawn-doe, and there are very few tags offered in that area. If you wanted to increase the population, why would you protect the bucks and target the does?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make this make sense.

There are units that offer very few tags, which tells me there are not that many goats in the area. So, why wouldn't they have buck only tags in those areas? Some units are fawn-doe, and there are very few tags offered in that area. If you wanted to increase the population, why would you protect the bucks and target the does?
Cuz it’s the nd game and fish

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's BS on the Landowner Elk Tags also. Depradation , my ass. Let people in to hunt and maybe you wouldn't have an issue. Some of these people likely could have 25+ licenses in their lifetimes while many public applicants may never ever draw.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's BS on the Landowner Elk Tags also. Depradation , my ass. Let people in to hunt and maybe you wouldn't have an issue. Some of these people likely could have 25+ licenses in their lifetimes while many public applicants may never ever draw.
Gratis elk tags are a bigger scam than Obamacare.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first 50 tags go to landowners. As says the ND century code.
What a f**ked deal that is too, oh yea they raised them. Get in the fricken lottery like everyone else.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26