What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
Recipes
Anyone make pemmican?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="KDM" data-source="post: 237987" data-attributes="member: 314"><p>I dug this thread up from the archives as I made some of this the other day. Not Bad. Wouldn't want to have to live off this, but it's not bad. VERY rich due to the beef fat. I didn't add any fruit or other stuff as some other recipes call for. Just meat and fat. I could see where this would be good for an overnight type mountain hunt or something where you could be away from camp for a day or two, but I don't know if I would want to depend on this as the main course for meals on an extended basis. Pemmican was designed to keep you alive and I now know what that means. It may keep you alive, but you won't enjoy meal times very much and I figure the after meal sits over a log won't be a exceptionally pleasant experience either.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="KDM, post: 237987, member: 314"] I dug this thread up from the archives as I made some of this the other day. Not Bad. Wouldn't want to have to live off this, but it's not bad. VERY rich due to the beef fat. I didn't add any fruit or other stuff as some other recipes call for. Just meat and fat. I could see where this would be good for an overnight type mountain hunt or something where you could be away from camp for a day or two, but I don't know if I would want to depend on this as the main course for meals on an extended basis. Pemmican was designed to keep you alive and I now know what that means. It may keep you alive, but you won't enjoy meal times very much and I figure the after meal sits over a log won't be a exceptionally pleasant experience either. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
18 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
Recipes
Anyone make pemmican?
Top
Bottom