Anyone using the Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kid put one on his boat last summer. We we're fishing NW of Four Bears and my Garmin was far more accurate than his Lowrance on the same structure.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any gen 2 works. I just hooked mine up with the gateway. But I did something wrong as I cant get the Xi5 to communicate with my gen 2 touches yet.
image.jpg

lipripper24

Founding Member
Founding Member
If all you fish Doc Sonar Chip is real good for Sak, Devils, Ft. Peck, If you fish oahe you may want to give great plains mapping a buzz. of course the Navionics Platinum is an awesome chip if you fish the pothole lakes and the big water I always have a navionics chip in my boat as well as a couple other for certain areas

- - - Updated - - -

Goto network and autoconfigue with all sources on including trolling motor and then you may need to turn some files on lowrance and motorguide customer service is second to none give them a call. Be sure your units have the most up to date software BEFORE calling though most of the time that clears issues up.

- - - Updated - - -

Any gen 2 works. I just hooked mine up with the gateway. But I did something wrong as I cant get the Xi5 to communicate with my gen 2 touches yet.
IMG_2085.JPG
Goto network and autoconfigue with all sources on including trolling motor and then you may need to turn some files on lowrance and motorguide customer service is second to none give them a call. Be sure your units have the most up to date software BEFORE calling though most of the time that clears issues up.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saved up my change and bought the LSS 2 Structure Scan. Mounted it up last night, turned the power on to the unit and made a new page with the structure scan/ sonar/ map. Everything came up like it should, now just need to get out on the water with it.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the same deal from Scheels and was able to kind of try it over the weekend. The free chip looked like junk. I may need to play with it more because I didn't have everything I needed at the lake to mount it right. But plugging it in at the camper a saw bays that don't exist and waypoints well on to dry land. Have it mounted now so I will try it again, but so far the Nav chip is better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19