Archery 2023

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Anyone getting out this weekend? Some miserable temperatures forecasted but I plan on at least getting out tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably won’t get out until I get back from archery elk out west. That’s ok the temps look awful and even with a thermacell I think the mosquitos would make it miserable

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's alway fun to wait until you can't feel your fingers

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the cheering section for now. Got a buddy just looking to fill the freezer, so he's getting first dibs. I expect him to tag out real quick.

Update: Said buddy smoked a nice 9 pointer with his truck this morning coming out. I congratulated him on the buck, but mentioned that he was supposed to use his stick and string and NOT the pickup. Everyone is OK except the truck. Life sometimes smells bad.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Waiting for a little cooler weather. Judging by cameras this year our deer numbers took a pretty good hit. Started seeing some bucks show up last couple weeks that can stand to get a couple years on them, couple nice ones that in a year will be studs, some does with healthy fawns couple twins and a bunch with no fawns. Coyotes need to get thinned out something fierce as well, I keep giving permission to people with thermals but they rarely show up. On that note if anyone is looking to shoot and or trap yotes hit me up, seriously

Founding Member
Founding Member
We still don't have many deer after the last couple devastating rounds of EHD. But my youngest son was able to get it done Sunday, he was super excited! Archery is such a wonderful sport!
20230905_205445.jpg

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Saw catdaddy popup on another thread figured this one was due for a bump. Any more pics of your buck?

Numbers seem down in the SE or I'm just having poor luck. The next couple weeks look promising and miserable weather wise.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw catdaddy popup on another thread figured this one was due for a bump. Any more pics of your buck?

Numbers seem down in the SE or I'm just having poor luck. The next couple weeks look promising and miserable weather wise.
I've seen him a few more times, always in shooting light and right at the end. A couple different ones as well. Had another hunter show up on cam walking down the trail all the bucks have been taking. Haven't seen any bucks since but I am seeing a few mature does.

1698211782045.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93