Are Revolvers Still Relevant?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
People still shoot flintlock muzzle-loaders on purpose, the revolver is in no immediate danger.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

On the other hand, pay the hell attention dipshit:

A gun in your crotch doesn't give you the authority to cause shit with the physics of semi-truck
operation. Get off your phone and stop being a democrat narcissist: You're not being cute: You're being a dumb little bitch.

Those trucks weren't trying to pull her over. Those trucks were calling her a dumbass and had no interest in her "pulling over" or raping the dumb skirt. This is "gun control" ammo.

I don't like double standards. If I can be kicked in the genitals I feel the reverse is also appropriate under duress.

This chick is in the current "victim" mindset and in the social media cult of retardation. She is the result of "women's liberation"/weak men and per usual will use male sexuality as a weapon. Physical standards have been dumbed down for years in the workforce and the Left will use vids such as this^^^^ as ammunition against the 2A. Sadly a hard dick and college "education" perpetuates female manipulation.

That is all.

Last edited:

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have Smith & Wesson Model 29 44 Mag with 6.5" barrel that I put a few rounds through each year. With ear plugs and muffs, ears still ring for a day or 2 after firing it up. Makes me smile just thinking about it! Last time i purchased ammo it was around $2.40 per round if I recall and worth every penny and most definitely relevant!

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My 586 S&W 357 Mag 4 inch
20230513_193335.jpg

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I screwed up when I was in High School , my dad bought out an estate of antiques and in one of the boxes was an old revolver, S&W 44-40 a couple real old boxes of shells and a Minot Police badge. Of course I had to shoot it and damn near deafened me with one shot plus I got powder burns. I put ear plugs in and my snowmobile helmet and shot it a couple more times and it was NOT fun to shoot. I thought to myself what a POS. My ol man told me I could have it if I wanted it and I said no, get rid of that damn thing. He probably sold it for a couple hundred bucks or so. I just looked at the value and yup, big mistake.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I screwed up when I was in High School , my dad bought out an estate of antiques and in one of the boxes was an old revolver, S&W 44-40 a couple real old boxes of shells and a Minot Police badge. Of course I had to shoot it and damn near deafened me with one shot plus I got powder burns. I put ear plugs in and my snowmobile helmet and shot it a couple more times and it was NOT fun to shoot. I thought to myself what a POS. My ol man told me I could have it if I wanted it and I said no, get rid of that damn thing. He probably sold it for a couple hundred bucks or so. I just looked at the value and yup, big mistake.
Well, what was the value you found?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the idea of a good 22LR revolver, but, every time I shoot them I'm reminded why I use a semi-auto instead. The noise @ the cylinder-gap makes them exponentially louder than a semi-auto of the same chambering. And so I suffer on in Sport-King, SuperMatic, Citation, and '41 land.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW....If you're like me, and don't take great care in cleaning your guns, and in fact hard on them, then I'm not sure a semi-auto is for you. I choose a revolver because I don't carry on my person, but in my truck. I want something I can drop in the snow, dirt or mud, leave in my truck all night at -40, and if I need it the next day, still fire all the rounds in it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW....If you're like me, and don't take great care in cleaning your guns, and in fact hard on them, then I'm not sure a semi-auto is for you. I choose a revolver because I don't carry on my person, but in my truck. I want something I can drop in the snow, dirt or mud, leave in my truck all night at -40, and if I need it the next day, still fire all the rounds in it.
I haven't cleaned any of my guns in many years.
Used to do it constantly, not sure why, but I feel zero ambition to go through it anymore.
Not even wiping the outside down, probably will regret it, or my kids will.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an HandR 22/22mag with a 12" barrel double action that I just love, Its like a one-handed rifle. If loaded with the 22mag critical defense rounds it is real nasty. It will tear a cottontail in two but extra loud. With that long barrel it will double as a good club if need be. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51