Are Weber grills worth the $$

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in the market for a new gas grill. Are weber grills worth the money they are asking for them. My last grill was an off brand, but has lasted me for 10 years. Looking for at least a 3 burner to get the cooking space I want. Side burner is not a deal breaker whether it has one or not. Are there any other brands anyone would recommend? I already have a smoker and charcoal grill so I don't need a combo or a pellet grill. Thoughts?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, sort of… while Weber’s are a very good grill and almost every internal part is replaceable…it does seem like each and every year they are tweaking their line up and adding more $$$ to the price. That being said I went through several off brands and one decent brand before purchasing my weber…and I love it … however if you still want to get by with a cheaper grill I would look for one with stainless steel grates, and the heavier the lid the better…when you’re walking down that grill aisle at the store which grill has the heaviest lid…usually the weber this helps keep that internal temperature stable

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, Weber is worth it. The carcass will last almost indefinitely and burners, an igniter, and grates will make it just like new. Heat, and heat modulation are very predictable and repeatable.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have two gas webers, a portable and a 3-burner. buy once, cry once... until you need a second weber, then you cry again. They are well built and well designed. Worth the money? That's subjective. Based on performance, I'd recommend Weber.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think so. They are rock solid. I have had mine for 8 years with 0 issues. Holds the temp well. Can get very hot and keep that temp if you want to sear thinner meat and still keep it mid-rare.

Baydoe

I know u specifically asked about a gas grill. But i just recently made the jump from propane to a pellet smoker and bought a REC TEC... Man that thing is amazing. Its built like a tank and everything i cook in it come out as some of the best if have ever had! I had always planned on my next grill being a webber until i started to some research and kept going back to the REC TEC and man am i happy i did.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a 3 burner weber spirit (stainless steel) about 8 years ago and it always sits outside, uncovered and it is still in great shape. I would buy another.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a full size one on my deck, and the Q series for the camper.

Love em, and fully recommend them.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am due and have the same question. The one other question I have for you Weber boys who recommend them is if you use them year around. I use mine all year and find that it seems the winter use is tough on them (it could just be the additional use makes it appear to be a winter/summer thing though).

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same boat for me. I've got a cheapo from lowes that has worked ok for the last 5 years or so. Its a 3-burner with a side burner as well and it has never been able to run more than two burners at once very well. last fall it started sputtering out if you tried to turn three burners on and I just assumed it was due to the tank being almost empty. Fresh tank of propane this spring and same thing. Two burners on and it'll run at 600°, add the third burner or side burner and it starts sputtering until you fully shut it down and then start it back up. I've got webers on my list as well as some sort of combo (gas/charcoal/smoker) if I can find one with decent reviews.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one I purchase has the sear station on it, which is really just an extra burner between the regular ones. Which means if I have everything going it has 4 burners going. I can get that grill up to 700* sear each side of my rib eye for one minute, then let it cool down some and finish it off to a nice rare/medium rare.

Never a problem with propane shortage, or any winter differences on any kind. The grill is worth every dollar of the $800 I think I spent on it. The side burner gets used pretty much never, but I couldn't get the sear station grill without a side burner last year when we bought it.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same boat for me. I've got a cheapo from lowes that has worked ok for the last 5 years or so. Its a 3-burner with a side burner as well and it has never been able to run more than two burners at once very well. last fall it started sputtering out if you tried to turn three burners on and I just assumed it was due to the tank being almost empty. Fresh tank of propane this spring and same thing. Two burners on and it'll run at 600°, add the third burner or side burner and it starts sputtering until you fully shut it down and then start it back up. I've got webers on my list as well as some sort of combo (gas/charcoal/smoker) if I can find one with decent reviews.

might be your regulator…I have replaced a few over the years makes a big difference…

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a weber summit NG on bisman a couple years ago for half new price, looked to be in really nice shape, only a few years old, shoulda grabbed it. I bought a new weber stainless 3.5 + 1 burner NG last summer, really enjoying it and so nice to not mess with propane anymore!

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weber Genesis on the deck and a weber q 220 in the camper for me. Best money you can spend for a grill. I do have a traeger to accompany it. Could never have just a pellet grill as I don't always want to take the time it takes.

hogslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an old weber genesis silver series grill. Not sure exactly how old it is since it came with the house when I bought it. It's definitely been by far the best grill I've ever had. About two years ago I replaced the burner tubes and grates for about $80 and it was like new again. They're expensive but I think they're worth it. My folks had a mid range price kenmore stainless grill from sears that only lasted a few years before going to hell. They just bought a weber this spring.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kinda wish i would have bought one last year when they were discounting them before the new Genesis 2 came out. I don't like the new "open cabinet" design. Plus now you really have to spend a lot ($1,200) to get the sear burner/side burner. I did see they now have the genesis in the smaller 2 burner for $499, which is what i might end up with as a single dude.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never had a Weber but everyone I know that have them old and new love them. If you can price once like stated above I would say it is a good investment. Last full propane grill I had was a big Char Broil from Walmart which I abused for 4-5yrs before it was pretty much shot, good grill for $250ish. If I ever get a dedicated propane of any kind it will be a Weber next time.

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be a Weber skeptic. Purchased a Genesis several years ago and am impressed how well the grates, flavor bars are body are holding up. Just do one thorough cleaning a year. I wouldn't say it outperforms cheaper grills I've had in the past but it will surely last longer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33