arrow question

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason I was looking at the RamCat single bevel is because the original was to wide to fit in my quiver. When I went to look at them in Scheels I found the slightly larger fixed blade RamCat so I purchased those. The others I still think about trying not because of the single bevel, it actually is beveled on the wrong side to match my left wing helicals, but because they will fit my quiver and the blades rotate forward like the original. I think the single bevel is about the same as the weigh forward theory. The single bevel may be the deal killer. There is a new gimmick every year.

Nope, I don't remember that time. I don't remember talking about it at all. Well, not on here anyway. Although I would guess your right and it just wasn't something that stuck in my mind.

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
It went something like this
http://www.3riversarchery.com/schmeisser-archery-broadhead-one.html

I order most of my traditional equipment from Three Rivers. I think the single bevel is way over rated. It's like those fancy fish hooks that catch more fishermen than fish. Nothing wrong with them, but keep in mind that a single bevel has an angle 1/2 that of a double bevel. It's like those Lansky sharpeners where you choose a 20 degree angle or a 10 degree angle. If you sharpen from one side only you have a much finer edge. You can sharpen as fine an edge on a double angle, but you would never do it because it becomes evident the edge isn't as durable. I think it's a fad that will come and go. A lot of money for a lot of hype.

Espringers I had completely forgotten about some of those old single bevel broadheads. I think I may still have some. I know I have half a dozen original Bear broadheads left. I think I have at least 100 old broadheads kicking around from years ago. I shot a couple of deer with those back in the 1960's. They may rotate, but I think it's more in the imagination than actual performance. If you think about it there is no more real damage. Heck it may rotate just as it's coming to a big blood vein and rotation is causes it to miss the vein. Then you have to worry about matching the helical feathers with the head. I'm impressed, but not influenced.

Attachments

18E6DDE2-B9F6-4A48-B02C-51FE0372BAF4.jpg
Last edited:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll have to look PG... they might be... and I got on the weight forward train after listening to aron snyder and when I had penitration problems with a super light arrow

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like I said fly carp in "I would guess your right". The single bevel Ramcat has two problems. The single bevel and the offset blades both spin the head in the direction that would screw it off the shaft. I just now checked and the offset on the three blade Rage I bought last week-end are the same. That's disappointing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14