Ashley area?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have missed alot of them here but tonight and last night got us some needed moisture. Went to eureka yesterday and lots of bone dry slews. I like the rain but am getting tired of this hail shit. It has hailed more this year hear than all the years together since I moved here in 02

Yeah its been a busy year. Here is a map of all the severe thunderstorm watches sofar this year with the darker the blue the more a place has had. Burligh and Morton were maxed out before the watch tonight. This also does not include the last two nights watches.

Screenshot_20160808-190805.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If u ask me all the wet areas r getting hit over and over. I hate to see this winter fall. 281 will be covered with water again

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last wed. night rain and heavy downpours laid my sweetcorn flat, so I know what I will be doing this weekend. Standing it back up and hope it stays put for two weeks or until its ripe.

Big Rax

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it has already pollinated it should be fine. If it hasn't, then that's a different story.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last 2 nights storms have yielded 2" at my house in NE Bismarck. The moisture is fine actually prolly needed a bit but I too am sick of hail in all these bastards luckily it fatigued out before us last night no hail just a downpour of rain.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have missed alot of them here but tonight and last night got us some needed moisture. Went to eureka yesterday and lots of bone dry slews. I like the rain but am getting tired of this hail shit. It has hailed more this year hear than all the years together since I moved here in 02

I second the the motion to stop the hail! I live in the nw corner of Mandan and every damn cloud that comes by throws white rocks. When I talk to my Dad to tell him to buckle down in Bis I end up getting oh just rain here. I'll bet my neighbors that already had their damage repaired are real impressed. It's the same way in the winter. The first year we moved in the snow and wind were intense and I had yet to have a snowblower. After shoveling by hand for a particularly long time and making little progress to the huge drift I asked Dad if he would try to get out my way with the snowblower. He said it wasn't that bad but he'd do it anyway giving me grief the whole time haha...that is until he drove up our street and almost buried his pickup. Since that time he doesn't question me when I say that I think we live in some damn weather vortex.

oh and I do have a snowblower now...too bad there is nothing to make the hail easier to deal with.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Big Rax. One type has ears about halfway filled the other had the little seeds on tassels and just the starting of ears. I will have to wait and see on second type.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last 2 nights storms have yielded 2" at my house in NE Bismarck. The moisture is fine actually prolly needed a bit but I too am sick of hail in all these bastards luckily it fatigued out before us last night no hail just a downpour of rain.

I'm three miles north of Bismarck, just off of Hwy 83. My rain gauge has had 3.0", 0.75", and 3.1" in the last 10 day timespan. Yes, 6.85" of rain in ten days!

I laughed at the t.v. screen when KFYR showed 0.68" at the Bismarck airport on Weds. evening (last night) after the Olympics were finished.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm three miles north of Bismarck, just off of Hwy 83. My rain gauge has had 3.0", 0.75", and 3.1" in the last 10 day timespan. Yes, 6.85" of rain in ten days!

I laughed at the t.v. screen when KFYR showed 0.68" at the Bismarck airport on Weds. evening (last night) after the Olympics were finished.
i had 3" that same night you did. when was that last friday? solid 1" on tuesday night, this morning gauge measured about .90' but was tipped at a 45 degrree angle so maybe not the most accurate

- - - Updated - - -

im 2 north of the new county shop. 6 east of 83

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, it was that same Fri/Sat. I was up at the lake and when I got home Saturday evening my gauge was loaded with water. I had to pull rocks from the rock bedding around the culvert that water washed down 3-4' into the grass line. This morning I noticed as I pulled away from the driveway the rock was now 6' into the grass line from the culvert. Hard to imagine 3" of rain in one hour.

I'm across the highway from Capital City Gun Club on US83

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Last nights .68 was fairly accurate for the south end since im a mile and a half from them and "only" had .80. Now the night before they had .90 and i had 1.7 so a fair bit of discrepancy on that night.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see dicky county got between 5 and 10 inches in the last two days to go with huge amout they already had before. Sounds like allot of roads are under water or washed out.

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last time I remember weather like this was 1993. Winter was hell that year.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this continues into winter, holy ass face!

- - - Updated - - -

If this continues into winter, holy ass pimples!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
itd be nice to have a normal winter for a change. with the job market not great right now maybe it would actually flush some of these turds we have back south again..... sure is dark in walmart these days

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive worked with many of them some literally having been in the country for a week. The three hard winters we had didnt deter them in the slightest. So im hoping for a light winter so we can find more of your avatar. Will be interesting fall and winter since we always seem to have a complete change every season. If its a snowy winter then we get a dry spring if get a wet summer then its dry in the fall. This being a La Nina year odds are high we will get a cold winter with average to below average snow fall. But one of our last la nina years gave us one snowy ass winters so who knows.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
trip was that a racial charged comment? hahahaha

dean all the long term forecast that ive heard or read ( I don't know where so cant post anything) yep credible I lnow, has below avg temps and above avgprecip this winter. late summer into early fall was when the swing was suppose to happen and carry into the winter.
I may need chains on the truck/bring the ATV to get to the camping spot for this deer season.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49