ATV Mechanic

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fired up the old 2001 Bombardier (Can Am) Traxter yesterday and it doesn't want to run right. Dies out when you push the choke in so I'm assuming it will need carb work. Had SeaFoam and Stabil in it over the winter with non-ethanol gas but it still starts hard and won't idle. Anyone have a recommendation of a good mechanic who doesn't charge $150 an hour in the BisMan area.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plugged up low speed jet circuits. You up for pulling the carb off yourself? If so you could mail it to me and I’d go through it for you

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would check the air cleaner. My Polaris ran like that and there was a mouse nest in the air cleaner. Pulled it out and vacuumed everything out and ran great. Its worth a shot, only took a week for the mouse to do the damage.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Found a You tube video that said if it isn't a mouse nest it is likely the pilot jet in the carb. Going to see if anyone in the BisMan area has a pilot jet It's a Mikuni with a part #KVM28/486-20. Supposed to be available through Western Powersports distributers if anyone local has parts from them. Checked O'Reilley's and NAPA but no luck there.

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/40...mpact&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=10078

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just pull the pilot jet and clean it. Get a can of carb cleaner and stick the straw in it. Then spray it through the pilot jet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90