Back to the Basics

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hands down, the best time of the year in my opinion.

A list of what I would like to see this fall.....

Fall tree pictures....Pictures and stories of animals harvested..... More KDM reports from bank fishing the Sheyenne River.....still like the "confused water" post (and many others). Maybe he caught all of the 'Eyes in that river?? Personally, I like it when my jig lands on a mat of floating leaves before it slips into the water. The 'Eyes are "snappin" on the Red right now, feed bags are on.

Random Thoughts.....How many of you 50+ folks can drive the Interstate.......past Medina......and not think of Gordon Kahl?

That is all, carry on.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, the story and how it went down is somewhat unbelievable.

Everyone meets at the clinic when the show was over, db

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad met him at an auction sale and went to his place and bought an antique cook stove from him after the sale . Said he seemed friendly and down to earth.

Founding Member
Founding Member
This time of year brings back fond memories of taking my 72 yr old mom on her ND moose hunt.She was so excited, like a kid on Christmas that opening morning!
20211008_225835.jpg

20211008_212748.jpg

Oh and I always think of Gordon, since you can see that place right off the interstate. Always remember that black and white photo of that ramcharger parked on the highway at the approach.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hands down, the best time of the year in my opinion.

A list of what I would like to see this fall.....

Fall tree pictures....Pictures and stories of animals harvested..... More KDM reports from bank fishing the Sheyenne River.....still like the "confused water" post (and many others). Maybe he caught all of the 'Eyes in that river?? Personally, I like it when my jig lands on a mat of floating leaves before it slips into the water. The 'Eyes are "snappin" on the Red right now, feed bags are on.

Random Thoughts.....How many of you 50+ folks can drive the Interstate.......past Medina......and not think of Gordon Kahl?

That is all, carry on.
I do think of Gordon Kahl when I drive by Medina, but for a different reason. The morning after the incident I was in court for a drag racing citation and the HP officer that wrote the citation didn't show as he was on the hunt for Gordon Kahl.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gordon Kahl seems like a long time ago. I did the aerial photos of the crime scene. A lot of stupidity to go around on that one. You don't take on rifles with short barrel revolvers to start with and If you don't want the gov after you don't keep cashing your subsidy checks and not paying taxes.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I went to school with Scott Faul, He started hanging with the wrong crowd.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gordon Kahl seems like a long time ago. I did the aerial photos of the crime scene. A lot of stupidity to go around on that one. You don't take on rifles with short barrel revolvers to start with and If you don't want the gov after you don't keep cashing your subsidy checks and not paying taxes.
The subsidies are typically paid right to the insurance company to subsidize your premiums. A farm that insures his crop cannot not take the subsidy, its not an option, but get entirely what you are saying.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
GK incident is one of the 1st News Events I can really remember details, like his wife on the evening news pleading for him to turn himself in. I was 8.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The Scott Faul I'm taking about is in prison for life.

He was in the shoot out by Medina

He is in Sandstone federal prison in MN

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93