Be on the lookout for escaped garbage can...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last seen joining a garbage can freedom convoy heading south! If seen, do nothing. I don't need it back and fully support it's freedom march south along with all his fellow garbage can convoy participants. Wish I could join them actually. Winter is getting old. Thank You. That is all.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, I didn't want mine to join its migrating friends the other day, so I didn't take it out to the highway.

Then about 1000 I hear the strange noise of a garbage truck doing its thing, which I thought was odd since I intentionally didn't haul it out and I certainly can't hear it when it's at my neighbor's place. What do you know, the garbage truck driver took the initiative and drove up to my house to empty the garbage can. I do not often like his employer, but I am now a big fan of the employee!

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOL, I didn't want mine to join its migrating friends the other day, so I didn't take it out to the highway.

Then about 1000 I hear the strange noise of a garbage truck doing its thing, which I thought was odd since I intentionally didn't haul it out and I certainly can't hear it when it's at my neighbor's place. What do you know, the garbage truck driver took the initiative and drove up to my house to empty the garbage can. I do not often like his employer, but I am now a big fan of the employee!

This may imply you are no different than a slave owner and must be racist. GCLM. :;:

Bob

North Dakota winds never stop, it's just changing directions!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being born and raised in ND, I know what the wind does back there.
In traveling throughout the U.S. I have gotten a kick out of people that say how windy it is where they live, as it might be 10-25 mph, I have told them back in NoDak this is just a slight breeze. Some believe it and some don't.
Still makes me laugh though.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
True story. One day I walked out of my house and literally belly flopped onto the sidewalk. Turns out I was so used to leaning into the wind when I leave the house and it was one of those rare days when the wind was only 30mph....

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
True story. One day I walked out of my house and literally belly flopped onto the sidewalk. Turns out I was so used to leaning into the wind when I leave the house and it was one of those rare days when the wind was only 30mph....

Yup, this makes me laugh. On those rare days when there's no wind, I end up walking in circles. I think I even have more traction on one of my shoes, from constantly leaning into the wind.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, this makes me laugh. On those rare days when there's no wind, I end up walking in circles. I think I even have more traction on one of my shoes, from constantly leaning into the wind.

You may have to check your alignment so your tread wears more evenly ;:;rofl

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
It could be worse. Go spend some time in Casper WY for a few days. Wind that makes the Dakota's wind look tame. Only solace is nicer temps throughout the winter and generally a lot less snow!

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wind picked up to about 50mph at about 4 in the morning Sunday morning at Audubon. Blew away my shovel and a 5 gal Marcum bucket. Found my about 1/4 mile away but no sign of my bucket. Im sure it blew all the way to the highway.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
It could be worse. Go spend some time in Casper WY for a few days. Wind that makes the Dakota's wind look tame. Only solace is nicer temps throughout the winter and generally a lot less snow!

I’ll have to take your word for it on Casper but one place I can think of that’s worse than here is Lewiston Mt. I swear every time I drive through there it’s windy and we’ve had at least 7 days in my lifetime of calm that I can remember

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28