Beautiful fall afternoon

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
In finding all these images I realized there's much hybridization. A green sunfish has a mouth similar to a crappie.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
In finding all these images I realized there's much hybridization. A green sunfish has a mouth similar to a crappie.
Crappies taste awesome!! One thing to remember with crappies tho is that they have weak lips. A person cannot or should not set the hook too hard as it will rip the hook out of their mouth/lip.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Crappies taste awesome!! One thing to remember with crappies tho is that they have weak lips. A person cannot or should not set the hook too hard as it will rip the hook out of their mouth/lip.
Agreed,crappie mouth referred to "paper mouth",two crappie species white and black crappie,mpo
,both black crappie are best table fare,white crappie fillet tend to be mushy both are a blast to catch when they're on a feeding frenzy.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
LM are good eating from a clean water source.

Had access to a cat pond in AL. It summer killed and filled with thumb sized shellcrackers or the like. Had access to another private lake which retained water or flooded a pasture: Caught a dozen bass from the lake and stocked them in the cat pond.

One bass didn't make the trip.

The cat pond old man loved his fish from his "bank"; he fed them like livestock: His wife fried the dead(ish) LM and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. He was my opposite: Didn't like to fish and loved eating them.

Sadly; I wasn't able to return for three years: The pond wasn't able to manage itself...and both had passed on: When I got back; it was filled with stunted bass and 4in bream. The boy & I thought we were in for a big deal.

The boy probably caught the "monster" of the pond--17in/3lbs: If I could go back in time; I'd only stock 4.

BTW: ^^^^This is the pond where I learned cats will hit topwater. Frogs would jump back in the pasture instead of in the water: NO shit:

1728701912998.png

That is all.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 187
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 41