Beef Ribs

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beef ribs hanging in the PBC getting cherry smoke for 3 hours.

-----

Ready to be foiled.

-----

Foiled with a little au jus and placed back in the PBC for an hour and a half. When internal temp was 203º pulled and let rest in foil for an hour before slicing.

-----

These were excellent flavor, juicy and so tender... so why not make another rack today!

-----

Thanks for looking!

campcook

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, it's tough to have the heart of a fat man. Bring it on brother (and sister) it's time you take it to the next level. We need a North Dakota cook off. The talent is here for sure, Medora would be a great destination. It's time to consider and start planning.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy: Do you have the butcher do up the beef ribs so meaty? I go to buy them at the supermarket, and there's not enuf meat on them to feed a maggot!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks awesome again Mossy! I have never done beef ribs but is one of my goals this year

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a few packs of these in cashwise here in stanley today. I contemplated picked them up, but chose to go with the pork loin back ribs. Cooked them on the traeger for about 3 hours after I rubbed them in Tatonka Dust. They did not suck at all. They also had tri-tip roasts in stock finally so I picked up a couple of those as well. Now I may have to go back and get some of the beef ribs..

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy: Do you have the butcher do up the beef ribs so meaty? I go to buy them at the supermarket, and there's not enuf meat on them to feed a maggot!

We have had the same problem for a long time. Wife finally talked to a small town grocery store owner and he told her would order in some. We purchased all 4 racks he brought in. I think it is a cut of meat that stores don't get enough request to stock good quality beef back ribs, instead they stock the lower quality/lower price beef short ribs. Now we are in search of a source hoping to buy a case for bulk discount...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88