Beer shortage

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our area produced a lot of malting barley over the year and not so many miles away it's mostly feed barley . Cool weather is the reason I was told. With the hot summer I'd say it's going to be high pro and thin. The only barley field I noticed was headed out and about a foot tall. It's been a few years since much barley grown has been grown close to me , The vomitoxin discount was the reason for that.

Auggie, did you do plump and protein tests ?

Just harvesting plots at the moment. Probably in September I'll have the quality determined. Two row barley popularity is increasing and it tends to have better malting quality than older varieties like Tradition.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Milwaukee's Best Light has been difficult to find. When I do find it, it's like$11 a fifteen pack....

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just harvesting plots at the moment. Probably in September I'll have the quality determined. Two row barley popularity is increasing and it tends to have better malting quality than older varieties like Tradition.

I haven't talked to any farmers but I drove past the sand hills north of Rugby and saw some barley coming off , the semi was right next to the highway and it was a long ways to the other end of the field and back and he already had a pretty full hopper. Pretty sure it was a 30' straight header.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys might have to switch over to that red river valley beet alcohol. Has anyone tried it ?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We got lots of corn for some sour-mash home brew if needed. Just need a bunch of copper tubing. LB

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We got lots of corn for some sour-mash home brew if needed. Just need a bunch of copper tubing. LB

I saw that you sumbi#^h, you did that on purpose,you’re goin away until your gray! I got the evidence- Buford T Justice

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
In retiring these brands, Miller Coors hopes to strengthen its more profitable, premium brands, and allow for further investment in its “hard-seltzer” portfolio, according to the blog post.

- - - Updated - - -

ha ha - it's the hard-seltzer fans' fault

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't talked to any farmers but I drove past the sand hills north of Rugby and saw some barley coming off , the semi was right next to the highway and it was a long ways to the other end of the field and back and he already had a pretty full hopper. Pretty sure it was a 30' straight header.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys might have to switch over to that red river valley beet alcohol. Has anyone tried it ?

My coworker made some beet wine. It may have been the prettiest color of red I've ever seen in my life, but it still tasted like beets.

For what it's worth, I HATE beets.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Between all that has happened since biden has taken office, and all that is on the come. I think some guys might need to reevaluate their lifes choices.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Between all that has happened since biden has taken office, and all that is on the come. I think some guys might need to reevaluate their lifes choices.
I'm just ultimately curious how anybody with a portion of a brain voted for this mess when it was written in crayon.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They grade most barley down to feed. But if there is a shortage of malting barley, its miraculous how the feed barley suddenly turns into malting grade.

Absolutely. Grain grading by "buyers" has to be one of the biggest legal thefts ever invented. All of the grains are ripped off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 47
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14