Best Metallica song

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m sure this isn’t the best place for this but screw it. We have to have some fans of the best heavy metal band in the damn world.

Anesthesia-pulling teeth (because it’s old school and fuck you)

Harvester of Sorrow

Shortest Straw

Master of Puppets

4 Horseman

Seek and Destroy

Breadfan

🤘🤘🤘

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One. the guitar riff is hard to beat.

Probably over played but enter sandman still makes me want to get in a mosh pit.

Master of puppets is also a banger

fishn4fun

Founding Member
Founding Member
One, and justice for all, unforgiven, nothing else matters, and for whom the bell tolls. Mater of puppets and ride the lightning are both great albums.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
kill ‘‘em all and justice are by far my favorite albums.

I remember hearing 4 horseman for the first time. It was life changing. I bought the kill ‘em all album on the 10 for a buck deal back in the day. Without knowing anything about them

Popped it in my boom box and the rest was history.

I can still remember my mom yelling at me to turn it down. 🤘🤘

Last edited:

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
Sad But True on repeat driving back from trapping in Kansas equals two speeding tickets.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m sure this isn’t the best place for this but screw it. We have to have some fans of the best heavy metal band in the damn world.

Anesthesia-pulling teeth (because it’s old school and fuck you)

Harvester of Sorrow

Shortest Straw

Master of Puppets

4 Horseman

Seek and Destroy

Breadfan

🤘🤘🤘
How dare you post something that isn’t hunting or fishing related…I call for account ban! Kidding!!! Metallica rocks! You ever see any videos of James Hetfield right before walking on stage? They are pretty cool…master of his art foresure.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love everything Metallica but St. Anger. I got into Metallica in Jr. high when Load (Until it sleeps) came out.

Master of Puppets is one of the Twinions favorite songs. The other night my wife (who hates metal) let everyone pick a song to dance to. Jordy looked at me and I returned a reassuring nod and he requested Master of Puppets. I couldn't be much prouder. Jordy and I always listen to old school Metallica on the way to the lake.

5 or so years ago, I went to a Metallica concert. It was 2.5 hours of nothing but hits. That was truly TRULY awesome. The only thing close to that was the first time I saw AC/DC or Ozzie.

For songs, I think One is my favorite. Whom the Bell Tolls just has an evil sound that I love. Enter Sandman is great, but I understand the original Metallica fans calling them selling outs. I enjoy all of it. The only good thing to come out of San Francisco.

Last edited:

YCbtx

No doubter for me..."Whiskey in the Jar". Every time I am pointed north, south, east or west of my destination for a fishing trip. Lyrics make zero sense to me but toon gets me jacked up to set the hook....lmao.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just getting into metal when the Black album came out. Don't trad on me was one of my favorites.

I remember getting the box set which had maybe 3 or 4 cassettes. Alot of live recordings. My mom and I drove from AZ to Bismarck and I rotated them nonstop for the three day drive.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) is my all time fav, after that the rest of these are pretty equal:

Battery
Damage Inc.
Shortest Straw
Harvester of Sorrow
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Holier than Thou
Of Wolf and Man
Broken Beat and Scarred
Hardwired
Spit Out the Bone
Lux Aeterna

Oh, I forgot Cowboys From Hell. ...rockon......rockon......rockon...

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Muzzy already mentioned these 2 above but "Nothing Else Matters" and Whiskey in the Jar" get my vote!

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) is my all time fav, after that the rest of these are pretty equal:

Battery
Damage Inc.
Shortest Straw
Harvester of Sorrow
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Holier than Thou
Of Wolf and Man
Broken Beat and Scarred
Hardwired
Spit Out the Bone
Lux Aeterna

Oh, I forgot Cowboys From Hell. ...rockon......rockon......rockon...
Cowboys from Hell is a great song, by by Pantera. To get the Twinions to sleep when they were babies, I rotated between Walk and Creeping Death. My wife didn't care for either but Creeping Death is religious. :)

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don’t see many songs from Kill’Em All mentioned. I have that as their #2 album. Justice being #1. I love the rawness of kill’em all!! That album changed my life. From then on, it was all metal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88