Big Muddy Predictions

pitchnjigs

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Best run tourney in the state will be held this Saturday on the Big Muddy in Bismarck/Mandan.The weigh in starts at 3:00 pm at the Broken Oar in Mandan. This field is loaded with some of the best fishermen on the river system and i really enjoy the friendships made in the past years. Looks like the temps will be nice for pre fishing so my prediction is 27.50#'s will bring home the prize money. Good luck to all teams fishing and see you on the water.

Kenneth

Established Member
Why is it called the Big Muddy? The couple times ive been to bismarck the river looks pretty clear

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is it called the Big Muddy? The couple times ive been to bismarck the river looks pretty clear
The original natives called it the muddy river. And after a big rain it still can be. I think all of the dams keep it clearer than it was before development. its still muddier as you go farther south. Google Earth the confluence with the Mississippi, the Mo is noticeably more muddy.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
The original natives called it the muddy river. And after a big rain it still can be. I think all of the dams keep it clearer than it was before development. its still muddier as you go farther south. Google Earth the confluence with the Mississippi, the Mo is noticeably more muddy.

Yep, the Muddy is one of the nicknames. Missouri = MO, so people have called it the Mighty Mo for a long time too.

It was a tish muddy on sunday evening, and with the rain yesterday morning, may still be right now. The forecast for the remainder of the week, and this weekend, look great though.

Good luck all!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are these weights with or without the 13 lb basket?

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna be tough one for sure. My partner and I got 4th last week in league with 57.25" on 3 fish. First was 71" on 3. Someone will knock it out of the park. I just hope I know them so I can swing over and have a few cold ones in victory. Dirty, I wouldn't wrap the boat. I should have taken a pic of it on the water for you. It sure looked nice.

I have always wondered what my boats look like from the outside. I never see them from that angle.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are these weights with or without the 13 lb basket?

Yes!! Why can't the "best run tournament in the state" hit the tare button on the scale. It drives me nuts. I can not logically think of any reason to include the basket weight in the poundage.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Strong cold front expected Friday night. #25.5 pounds with the basket....

Kenneth

Established Member
ah what the hell. 24.25 pounds with basket. I could use a new fishing hat. Thumbs Up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 14
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4