Bismarck high water.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
20240301_003726.jpg
I'm not sure about the water, but I'm pretty sure that is a graph of Camper's blood pressure when someone mentions Trump. . .

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dealers choice, but wash your hands. C4 residue is worse than ex lax.
How come coe doesn't invest in a used ice breaker, there's more to those ice breakers then just a reinforced nose.and hull.The ice breaker also uses air jets the can be used for pushing ice out of a path in a channel. This is federal waters and would be eligible for federal funding on something like this. Yeah I have a wild imagination 😳

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honest question, and obviously it worked. But how much effect does that little bucket of water have on opening up a plugged major river? Seems like pissing on a wildlife, but again....seems like it worked.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
116 buckets at 2.5 tons each adds up. They were dumping at fissures and other strategic locations to get the break up going.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure about the water, but I'm pretty sure that is a graph of Camper's blood pressure when someone mentions Trump. . .
He is the one always mentioning Trump. He is in love with him, like a 9 year old boy that is always pulling the hair of the girl he likes.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Video of the guard opening it up with helicopters/water.

Friend who works for the corps said the release change was adjusted and went into effect in the early AM Thursday to keep the power supply and water schedule stable. Looks like it worked, although I’m sure you brilliant minds would have done it better.

Lol where's the average NDA member guy when we need him?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honest question, and obviously it worked. But how much effect does that little bucket of water have on opening up a plugged major river? Seems like pissing on a wildlife, but again....seems like it worked.
sort of like a 55 grain chunk of lead/copper putting the lights out of a good size mammal?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How come coe doesn't invest in a used ice breaker, there's more to those ice breakers then just a reinforced nose.and hull.The ice breaker also uses air jets the can be used for pushing ice out of a path in a channel. This is federal waters and would be eligible for federal funding on something like this. Yeah I have a wild imagination 😳

Ice breakers are heavy, they run into thick ice and they ride up on top to push it down and break it. The draft of them is considerably more (I'd guess 8-10 ft for even a small, light duty ice breaker) than our average walleye boats which are often less than 2 ft.

We don't have many boat ramps on the river (any??) that could launch and retrieve something of that draft.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Video of the guard opening it up with helicopters/water.

Friend who works for the corps said the release change was adjusted and went into effect in the early AM Thursday to keep the power supply and water schedule stable. Looks like it worked, although I’m sure you brilliant minds would have done it better.

The general idea was to create waves that would put Archimedes Principle into effect by creating waves that would lift and break up some ice. I am kind of torn on how effective it really was on a 3+ mile long ice jam. An argument could probably be made that every little bit helps.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The general idea was to create waves that would put Archimedes Principle into effect by creating waves that would lift and break up some ice. I am kind of torn on how effective it really was on a 3+ mile long ice jam. An argument could probably be made that every little bit helps.
The pilots needed air time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88