Bismarck/Mandan Archery Shop

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all due respect to Scheels, I do like their store and they take care of the customer, they seem like they just want to sell their stuff and get you out the door. I hear rumors about a "Doug's Archery Shop" but I'm not sure he even exists (Doug, if you are out there, speak up!) .

With archery on the rise, I think Bismarck/Mandan could use a true Pro Shop. A shop that actually checks cam timing, truly fits a bow to a person (not just eyeballs it), etc.

This is just a wild idea right now but what do you guys think? Think there would be enough demand for a shop like this or do you think anyone that is going to want to have their set-up super tuned is just going to be a DIY guy anyway?

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I searched Google and found this

1. Doug's Custom Arrows & Archery
  2. Address: 2012 N Bell St, Bismarck, ND 58501
  3. Phone:(701) 221-3140

Last edited:

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doug baumiller(sp) is the guy you're looking for. I haven't spoken to him in years though, I will see if I can find his number.

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doug is a great guy and knows his stuff. He's a dealer for a few things but specializes in bow tuning and building arrows. He has a shop behind his house that he works out of when he's not working his full time job.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would pony up the money to build one if I knew it would have the support.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd have my support. I dread having to find something in scheels. I order most of my stuff from lancasters. Along with physical items, I don't trust my bow getting tuned at scheels.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tuning bows yourself is the fun part!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree 5575. It's those times when you can't figure out the issue is and there's no where to turn.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think an archery shop would do very well in Bismarck. Archers elite in Minot does fairly well I think at least there's is always customers in there when I go there and it doesn't hurt that he knows his stuff and is a good guy to deal with

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I may just have to open up my in-home shop to friends and family and see how it goes.

Prestige Archery

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prestige Archery

Hey guys this is Austin fettig. I am the owner of prestige archery. I also work out of my shop beside my house. I have quite a bit of inventory including arrows, rests, quivers, arrow components and so on. Please give me a call if you have any questions! 701-527-7479

Founding Member
Founding Member
Austin also makes quality custom strings and has for a while. Not many young guys doing that now days!Thumbs Up

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey guys this is Austin fettig. I am the owner of prestige archery. I also work out of my shop beside my house. I have quite a bit of inventory including arrows, rests, quivers, arrow components and so on. Please give me a call if you have any questions! 701-527-7479

piece of lumber delaminated and cracked on my recurve, can you assist? can still shoot the bow, it just keeps getting worse ;:;badidea

- - - Updated - - -

im thinking a little sawdust mixed with woodglue ought to do er up goooooooooooooood

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been shooting Austins strings for a few years now. Great strings and he is a very knowledgeable young man. Definitely look him up if you need assistance.

Prestige Archery

Founding Member
Founding Member
piece of lumber delaminated and cracked on my recurve, can you assist? can still shoot the bow, it just keeps getting worse ;:;badidea

- - - Updated - - -

im thinking a little sawdust mixed with woodglue ought to do er up goooooooooooooood

I would not be able to help you with that but could probably get you in contact with some people that would know what to do.

Prestige Archery

Founding Member
Founding Member
Austin, what material do you use on your strings?
i run 28 Strands of brownell fury. It is a very good, stable material. It is resistant to fraying also and it very good in different climates. All strings are stretched to 450# and served at that tension with halo end servings.

Prestige Archery

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel it is a little more stable that 452x, smaller diameter, faster, and has a softer feel after the shot. The only characteristic it shares is that they both fray about the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74