Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A. I don't buy their coffee.
B. What the hell am I looking at?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
F*** the politics part of it all. I support veterans, red, blue, black, white, green, whatever. And it "is" damn good coffee.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Politics aside , Is the coffee any good ?
I tried a a couple of their offerings, not impressed. Even the bold was only a little stronger than dishwater. Going back to Costco's house brand.

I keep on looking for that perfect cup of coffee but I've never tried Kirkland, is it comparable to, or better than like Folgers or Maxwell ? Seems like I only get 2 good cups of coffee a day and that's the 1st and 2nd cup. I should quit after two but wife and I are hooked and always have an early morning pot and most days an afternoon pot. I'm not a fan of Keurig coffee.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are not grinding your own coffee and at least using a French press it does not matter what brand .thr black rifle coffee I had was really good.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Black Rifle "Just Black" or Folgers "Black Silk" for me. Black Rifle started as a brand that tailored to military, etc; but has been sold to a larger corp. I dont give 2 shits and will continue to drink what my palate likes.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you are not grinding your own coffee and at least using a French press it does not matter what brand .thr black rifle coffee I had was really good.
^^^FRENCH PRESS FOR LIFE^^^

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fresh grind Gevalia traditional here. Tried many and keep going back.
When we moved last year I found a new coffee pot my wife had purchased. It was a Gealia and it came with some of their coffee. That was the best coffee I've ever had. Smelled up the house with an excellent aroma. That coffee pot must have been stored away for about 5 years, but the coffee was vacuum sealed and really fine ground. I tried ordering some off their website but it's not the same, and doesn't fill the house with that great coffee aroma. Am I ordering the wrong flavor?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we moved last year I found a new coffee pot my wife had purchased. It was a Gealia and it came with some of their coffee. That was the best coffee I've ever had. Smelled up the house with an excellent aroma. That coffee pot must have been stored away for about 5 years, but the coffee was vacuum sealed and really fine ground. I tried ordering some off their website but it's not the same, and doesn't fill the house with that great coffee aroma. Am I ordering the wrong flavor?

We buy traditional mild roast in whole bean. The pre-ground doesn't quite deliver the same taste/quality.

And when we try to go past mild (medium or bold) the heat must somehow destroy that fantastic aroma. Oxidizes those more fragrant oils is my suspicion.

We grind it the night before or day of.

We are on the regular mail delivery program straight from Gevalia.

They lost their mojo during COVID by the way - we dropped it for a year and when we went back it rocked again. I suspect you maybe tried it during their downturn?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
We really like Kirkland Colombian whole bean coffee. Also we get Lavazza Super Crema . My brother orders it online at a great price.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked into this. It's a list of various employees of the company who are donating in this list. Some don't work there anymore. Sometimes donations were to conservative organizations but they were cropped off. So yes - this screenshot is skewed to make it look like the company donated - not persons working FOR the company.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked into this. It's a list of various employees of the company who are donating in this list. Some don't work there anymore. Sometimes donations were to conservative organizations but they were cropped off. So yes - this screenshot is skewed to make it look like the company donated - not persons working FOR the company.
Shocker posting bullshit found on social media. People get giddy when they think they found a gotcha moment

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84