Boat Rod holders

RRmaniac

Established Member
Looking to get some sort of multi angle rod holders for the boat. I want something that would work for trolling and strong enough for catfish on the Red. Not really looking to pay much more than 20 a piece. Preferably less.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ram are probably the best out there, but there are also Fish-On and Scotty rod holders. All are adjustable angles and strong enough to hold a catfish at bay.

If you are using spinning reels, I prefer Ram. The Fish-On and Scotty holders are OK, but are better left to baitcasters, IMHO.

Note: I have Rams in my fishing boat but just bought Scotty for my pontoon.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i use ram (2000's i believe)... have 1 cabelas but 100% prefer the rams... i have 8 rams in the boat

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Scottys branded by cabelas, work as intended and no major complaints

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Scottys in my boat. Have a couple of clamp on the rail style and four screw on bases.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels has their brand name ones on sale right now for $17 I believe. That's what I have in my boat and I love them.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use those Berkley quick sets Very simple concept. But, they have never failed trolling, jigging or cat fishing. But, i surmise they aren't meant for bait casters. What i really like about them is you lift them straight up when u get a bite. No "out and up" and no fumbling with any rings. And the spinning reel hangs just like it would if it were in your hand.... reel down. Some others dont allow that. Edit: sounds like bait casters work just fine. The bad reviews appear to be from people who can't figure out how to "use" them. Lol. It ain't brain surgery.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berk...erkley-quick-set-boat-rod-holder/1285934.html

Last edited:

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rams on my boat. Not too familiar with catfishing with them, but i can pull deep rippers on a planer board and catch salmon and they don't break or move.

Hawgeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
X2 on the Folbe's. I've had many kinds but these are the best in my opinion. Rod comes out slick but only when you want them out, otherwise are locked in.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When leatherman tools first came out I had a lot of friends who could not open them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51