Body Found in Lake Sakakawea

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
A dead body was found Sunday morning in Lake Sakakawea, east of the Van Hook Park near New Town.
Mountrail County Sheriff Ken Halvorson reports two fishermen spotted the body Saturday evening.
A search began at that time but had to be abandoned due to darkness and the muddy terrain.
The search resumed Sunday morning with the help of the two fishermen who first saw the body, other area residents, and the New Town Fire Department.
The body was recovered about 10:30 Sunday morning and transferred to the State Medical Examiner's office for identification and analysis of the cause of death.
Halvorson says his office is reviewing local and state missing persons files in an attempt to assist in identifying the remains.

[COLOR=#3C3940 !important][COLOR=#3C3940 !important][FONT=Arial !important]Sign In or Sign Up for an account.

[/COLOR]
[/FONT]

[/COLOR]

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Odd no one reported anyone missing.
Or was it maybe from a while ago?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought maybe you found it John. That's your normal stretch of fishery.

No, thank god. I did come up on the severe car wreck north of Dickinson yesterday at about 615 pm.
Unfortunately saw the guy in the wrecked car that lost his life, terrible thing to see, kids were pretty freaked out.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that's stuff turns my stomach every time. I would have a hard time desensitizing myself to situations like that. That's why I have a lot of respect for paramedics, fire fighters, LE etc for what they have to deal with.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It could be anyone from anywhere in that part of the river.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read some of the comments below the news story. It surprises me how classes some people can be.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read some of the comments below the news story. It surprises me how classes some people can be.

Yeah, reading that stuff along with different things on Facebook really make me question how nieve and flat stupid some people are. I really try to stay away from those conversations anymore because I get depressed. It makes me question if there is really any hope for future humanity, or if people are just becoming blind robots.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think most of the comments on any of these things is just trolls trying to get a reaction.

The same kind of thing that ruined FBO.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think most of the comments on any of these things is just trolls trying to get a reaction.

ruined?!?! It's just getting good now that the bullies and perverts have left.

Back on topic, I feel for the guys that came across it. That can wreck a person for awhile. Hope the deceased doesn't have kids waiting at home.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think in some cases you're right, but unfortunately I think many are just that nieve.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
If people bitch and whine about everything they see on Facebook, imagine what their everyday life is like! They have a have a continual glass of half-empty milk. Piss and moan, piss and moan.....

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are numerous missing persons in western ND. could be any one of them.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
ruined?!?! It's just getting good now that the bullies and perverts have left.

Back on topic, I feel for the guys that came across it. That can wreck a person for awhile. Hope the deceased doesn't have kids waiting at home.

I just talked to a guy today that claims this is were all those guy ended up! LOL :::

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75