Boots

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the past I really liked Meindel's from Cabela's. Then I tried on a pair of Kennetrek's at Scheels. Not a lot of difference between Kennetrek and Meindel for me. Kenetrek are not cheap but so worth it for me. I justify the cost to my wife by telling her that I'm done growing, at least my feet, and I expect to wear these boots for 15-20 years as I did with my Meindels. At the end of the day, good boots are worth every cent.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Had a few pairs of pronghorns over the years. Went to kenetrecks 3 years ago and will never go back. They do take some time to break in but are well worth it.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just in Scheels yesterday and wanted to like the Kenetrecks, but really liked the Crispi Idaho GTX better. They use Gore-tex and the material appears much more breathable. Both pluses for archery elk season in CO. And they were a bit cheaper, which is nice. I tried them on the elliptical for 45 min this morning and had some discomfort in the arch on my right foot. I'm hoping break-in or possibly a different insole will fix that.
They're not quite as stiff as the Kennys, but I can tell they'll still take quite a bit of break-in. Only time will tell if I made the right choice.

- - - Updated - - -

any advice on narrow running boots? I wear size13-14ish. 13 1/2 would be perfect. Most shoes/boots are too wide. Any thoughts?

The guy at Scheels in Fargo claimed that Kenetrek generally run narrower. One of his colleagues can't wear Danners because his foot slides, and will only wear Kenetrek -- or something like that anyway.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Timberland Pros. Stupid comfy, super light, like walking on clouds literally.

Timberland pro.jpg

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Under armor speed freaks are going to be my next hunting boots. I'm not a fan of danners. Browning doesn't make a bad boot. I buy a new pair every 2 yeas.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let start by saying I have very bad foot problems. So much so that I have had to switch careers to get off of the concrete. I have tried many different brands (asolo, han wag, meindle, aku, ect...) I have had luck with the more rigid boots, as they provide more support. For a hunting boot, Kenetrek are awesome! I have had four pairs of different types. The mountain extremes are great. I have had good luck with Hoffmans- Meindle lineman boots with steel toe and steel shanks for a work boot.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been wearing military issue combat boots for just about everything outdoors for the last 20 some years and they haven't let me down yet. Next year, I'll be in the market for a different genre of boot so I REALLY like threads like this.

Absolutely, as far as fit and comfort there's not much better to be had. I have had many pairs of jungle boots that I've used for bow and bird hunting when dry outside! They aren't nearly as good though when you need waterproofing.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats the best underwear to buy for early sweaty ball hunts or is free-balling it still the way to go?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 26
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7