Boots

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
For you guys buying Crispi's, I'd make sure you buy from a reputable brick and mortar store like Scheels in case you have an issue. When i was researching Crispi's a while back I came across a fair amount of reviews of people who had zero luck trying to deal with the company for repair issues. People having to send boots to Italy and never hearing back and being out their boots and $$. They have seemed to change distributors in the US several times. Ill personally stick to other Brands.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll echo what other guys have said and I like Kenetreks. I've got 2 pairs and they are both great. Like MarbleEyez said, it takes 50 miles or so to break them in but they are great after that. I got a pair of Extreme 400's on a killer sale from midway usa. Other guys have mentioned good names like Lowa and Schnees.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to try on some lowa's soon. My Pronghorn's are going on 16 years.

road hunter!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fan of meindl.

Kennetreks can be an absolute bitch to break in. So don't go buying a pair and go hunt the mountains for ten days the day after. Cause it will turn in to a 1.5 day trip. haha

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
After about 4 years of off and on use, I am finally starting to like my Kennetreks. They do take a looong time to break in.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
After about 4 years of off and on use, I am finally starting to like my Kennetreks. They do take a looong time to break in.

Yep, that's for sure. I went on a lot of walks in the evenings to get them broken in a bit. Then a weeklong elk hunt with another 30 miles on them has them broken in pretty good now.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
usa danners what I got for 3 years big thing there is keeping any leather boots conditioned (mink oil, boot conditioner) if you keep that up they last a long time, have a pair of wolverines bought with first dog must be at least 15 years old and I used the crap out of them. still water proof and the leather is showing wear need to resole them there still that good. must have put a pound of mink oil on them over the years.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure I'm ok with that break in time. That sounds like too much work before I get to enjoy them.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been pleased with my Cabela's Meindls so far (4-5 years now) but I believe there is improvements to be had when they don't say Cabelas on them.

Disagree so so long as you're buying Perfekts, Denali, or Alaskan which are all made in Germany. I've got Kennetreks too, the best deal going right now today is Denalis @$80 off sale @ Cabelas right now. $239/pair is a steal.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
any advice on narrow running boots? I wear size13-14ish. 13 1/2 would be perfect. Most shoes/boots are too wide. Any thoughts?

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
any advice on narrow running boots? I wear size13-14ish. 13 1/2 would be perfect. Most shoes/boots are too wide. Any thoughts?

Most of what I have seen says that Italian made boots will be narrower than German or American. Don't know if there's any validity to that but might be something to look into.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wear 2 pairs of socks until you get beyond puberty.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made in Germany vs. made in Vietnam. I understand that may have changed since I bought mine. Understand, I have logged a LOT of miles over steep and flat terrain without so much as a broken lace so I really have nothing to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

I should clarify. The "Ultralight Hunter" model is made in Vietnam. The Alaskans and Perfekts are made in Germany. I like that the Ultralights are a full pound less weight than those other two I mentioned.

I got the ultralights last fall and they are great boots. If i was getting another pair of boots Meindls would be at the top of the list.

Boots are one of the most user specific thing i know people who hate kennys because they eat their heal up others love them. Finding the boot that fits YOU is the most important factor

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of the Meindl Ultralights in non-insulated. That really helps out in the beginning of the season when your legs may not be ready for treks up and down the western landscape of NDak. They are comfortable and did an excellent job last season (first season with this boot) against the rubs and scrapes of brush and prairie grasses up front. Very pleased, so far.

I have a pair of the Meindl Perfekt in 400-gram. I use these boots around Thanksgiving time frame for the remainder of the season and medium weight wool socks inside. Again, very durable and comforting to the feet.

Used to have the Danner Pronghorns for the previous two sets of boots. I'll never go back to those things ever again after trying the Meindl. I know the price was higher, but I'll take 'em with the dent in the wallet compared to aching feet by 4pm!

EZZIE

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been wearing kenetreks mountain extremes for 8 years, have 1 pair insulated 1 un, never a blister, no break in, great boot....

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol...I'll show you puberty when I shove that 14 up your azz sideways!!

With feet that long and narrow do your current boots curl up @ the toes and contain little bells? Something along the lines of Santa's elves footwear.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51