What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Brainstorming 2nd Ice Unit Options
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JTSCHRO" data-source="post: 202717" data-attributes="member: 5842"><p>I currently have a Humminbird Ice 55 that I use as my primary unit in the winter. I really enjoy the 55 but would like a second unit, for friends and family that fish with that don't have one, or back up for myself. </p><p></p><p>I've been driving myself crazy weighting my options, when today I had an idea. I also own a Helix 9 SI G2, that I use in my boat, currently collecting dust. When I bought it I had no intentions of using it for ice, because it was too big, and I imagined it would really eat up battery. </p><p></p><p>But what if I mounted on the new Lithium Shuttle? I've heard of guys running an LX 7 three days with one charge, so this might solve the battery issue. </p><p></p><p>I'd still have the bulk issue, it wouldn't fit in a 5 gallon pale, but for $350 ($250 Lithium Shuttle & $100 ice transducer), I'm thinking I'd have a better setup than anything else for that price range. </p><p></p><p>Anyone ever use a Helix 9 on the ice? Or am I better off buying a different unit? I'd welcome any thoughts/suggestions!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JTSCHRO, post: 202717, member: 5842"] I currently have a Humminbird Ice 55 that I use as my primary unit in the winter. I really enjoy the 55 but would like a second unit, for friends and family that fish with that don't have one, or back up for myself. I've been driving myself crazy weighting my options, when today I had an idea. I also own a Helix 9 SI G2, that I use in my boat, currently collecting dust. When I bought it I had no intentions of using it for ice, because it was too big, and I imagined it would really eat up battery. But what if I mounted on the new Lithium Shuttle? I've heard of guys running an LX 7 three days with one charge, so this might solve the battery issue. I'd still have the bulk issue, it wouldn't fit in a 5 gallon pale, but for $350 ($250 Lithium Shuttle & $100 ice transducer), I'm thinking I'd have a better setup than anything else for that price range. Anyone ever use a Helix 9 on the ice? Or am I better off buying a different unit? I'd welcome any thoughts/suggestions! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
49 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Brainstorming 2nd Ice Unit Options
Top
Bottom