What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Brainstorming 2nd Ice Unit Options
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Lungdeflator" data-source="post: 202719" data-attributes="member: 5163"><p>I've never used an open water graph for ice fishing. But really considered it. Came down to the Helix 7 and the Marcum LX-7. I ended up going with the Marcum, I think the 2 things that pushed me towards the marcum were: I don't have a boat so the helix would strictly be a winter unit and I liked the big screen on the LX7. </p><p>Basic functions and buttons didn't really factor in all that much when it came down to those 2. Biggest difference I think is the mapping abilities of the Helix. </p><p>So I bought the LX7, and now have an ICE-35 and a LX7. Marinegeneral has the lowest price on the LX7 I found, 680$ shipped. Have to add the unit to your cart to see the price. </p><p></p><p>Honestly if you already have a Helix 9, 350$ is a fairly cheap investment for a basically new and powerful ice machine. I think I would get the Shuttle and ice ducer if I were you.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Lungdeflator, post: 202719, member: 5163"] I've never used an open water graph for ice fishing. But really considered it. Came down to the Helix 7 and the Marcum LX-7. I ended up going with the Marcum, I think the 2 things that pushed me towards the marcum were: I don't have a boat so the helix would strictly be a winter unit and I liked the big screen on the LX7. Basic functions and buttons didn't really factor in all that much when it came down to those 2. Biggest difference I think is the mapping abilities of the Helix. So I bought the LX7, and now have an ICE-35 and a LX7. Marinegeneral has the lowest price on the LX7 I found, 680$ shipped. Have to add the unit to your cart to see the price. Honestly if you already have a Helix 9, 350$ is a fairly cheap investment for a basically new and powerful ice machine. I think I would get the Shuttle and ice ducer if I were you. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
49 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Brainstorming 2nd Ice Unit Options
Top
Bottom