What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Brainstorming 2nd Ice Unit Options
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JTSCHRO" data-source="post: 202728" data-attributes="member: 5842"><p>Bad news. I'm hearing the HELIX 9, 10, & 12 currently do not have a compatible ice transducer. I thought the Humminbird Xi-9-1521 ducer would work, but I guess not, it only works with the HELIX G2 5 & 7.</p><p></p><p>The part that threw me off was my unit does have a flasher mode, but I guess you can only use it with it's standard summer transducer, which I thought was odd, and would have limited applications...</p><p></p><p>On top of that, the bracket is waay to big for the shuttle, you would have to drill new holes, and off set the unit so you could still get at the shuttle charger. I'm guessing having it off set like this would make the whole set up pretty unstable due to the size. </p><p></p><p>I'm pretty bummed out, thought I was on to something.</p><p></p><p>Plan C might be mounting my HELIX 9 to my snowmobile handle bars, find a place to mount the Dakota Lithium Battery luvcatchingbass posted, and use it strictly as a GPS.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JTSCHRO, post: 202728, member: 5842"] Bad news. I'm hearing the HELIX 9, 10, & 12 currently do not have a compatible ice transducer. I thought the Humminbird Xi-9-1521 ducer would work, but I guess not, it only works with the HELIX G2 5 & 7. The part that threw me off was my unit does have a flasher mode, but I guess you can only use it with it's standard summer transducer, which I thought was odd, and would have limited applications... On top of that, the bracket is waay to big for the shuttle, you would have to drill new holes, and off set the unit so you could still get at the shuttle charger. I'm guessing having it off set like this would make the whole set up pretty unstable due to the size. I'm pretty bummed out, thought I was on to something. Plan C might be mounting my HELIX 9 to my snowmobile handle bars, find a place to mount the Dakota Lithium Battery luvcatchingbass posted, and use it strictly as a GPS. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
49 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Brainstorming 2nd Ice Unit Options
Top
Bottom