Breaking in a shot gun

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to take over this thread, but what do you guys do to break in a new rifle?

When you've got enough rounds through it fast enough to make it smell like someone's been welding nearby, you're about there.

Or:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you've got enough rounds through it fast enough to make it smell like someone's been welding nearby, you're about there.

Or:

that sucked watching him throw that gun on the gravel ack!

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
apparently the guy never had a wooden counsole for break in, and maintainence for his gun;:;popcorn

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
To truly break in a shotgun and remove that all to recognizable "New Gun Smell", one must baptize the new gun in a slough or other similar body of water AND get at least a teaspoon of dirt shoved in the barrel that one must use a chunk of cattail, stick, or other vegetable matter to clean out. Using a cleaning kit is CHEATING and will negate the aforementioned break in procedure. Congratulations on your new scatter gun!!!!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quit waterfowl hunting when I moved out west, I guess I will have to make a trip to the eastern part of the state and do a couple hours of puddle jumping while drunk it sounds...haha
Thanks KDM

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Or:

Ha best break in video ever and oldie but a goody. Larry is quite the guy he hurts alot of people's delicate feelers but he makes me laugh. Shows up on the hide every few months till he.gets banned again.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So,as far as rifle break in goes,I had a special AR build by JP arms.223,Jp told me to take 15 shots one@ a time,let the barrel cool and clean after each shot for proper break in,anyone else here,read or do this?For what I paid for it I followed his instructions.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
So,as far as rifle break in goes,I had a special AR build by JP arms.223,Jp told me to take 15 shots one@ a time,let the barrel cool and clean after each shot for proper break in,anyone else here,read or do this?For what I paid for it I followed his instructions.

Did you notice cleaning becoming easier as you cleaned between shots? I do a "break-in" to a certain point. Clean, shot 5 rounds cleaning after each, shoot 10 cleaning after every 2, and shoot 10 cleaning after 5.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88