Bristol dirt racing

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds fun but the "KKK garage door" shit did it in for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And the flag ban.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hollywood on dirt, they will try anything to get fans back, maybe the Bubba Wallace fan club will be enough to support nascar

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds fun but the "KKK garage door" shit did it in for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And the flag ban.
That and nascar with no Earnhardts or Gordon was just not Nascar anymore for me. The stages most definitely put the nail in the coffin for me, watched one race since those began and that was enough.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother was there all last week racing with a few different guys. The cup cars are going to look like big taxi cabs going around there compared to the open mods and super late models. Boy Jonathan Davenport had em covered Saturday night.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes JD was mad fast. The top Hornets really surprised me with the speeds they had at Bristol.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I'm more excited to see what the world of outlaws do on the track. I remember watching them when there where there before but I was pretty young and the cars have changed so much.

WoodyND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the late models were fun to watch. The nascrap taxi's will look really slow compared to them. I am also looking forward to the sprints, but I am worried about the speed and the results of a crash. Thankfully it is an invite only race. Do not need any drivers there that just want to say they raced at Bristol.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm more excited to see what the world of outlaws do on the track. I remember watching them when there where there before but I was pretty young and the cars have changed so much.

will be interesting as they have made a bunch more rules than they had back then. Putting weight limits on them and other things. I think they have to weigh 1100 pounds now and i know they were under 1000 with all the carbon fiber they were using. I know the super lates were hitting over 145 on the straight away this weekend so the sprints should be hauling some ass since they dont slow down for corners. It takes a special kind of balls to wheel those things

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bristol Bristol..man all I hear....lol.....had a couple ND boys running down there in stock cars and mods. Had a hometown boy win the B mod tho. Then its Nascrap, then WoO, then its all gonna fade in the dust and all the hype will be gone, will be interesting, if they KEEP it dirt...time will tell. Looks more like red clay then dirt to me

I was born to race on dirt, not asphalt...

- - - Updated - - -

will be interesting as they have made a bunch more rules than they had back then. Putting weight limits on them and other things. I think they have to weigh 1100 pounds now and i know they were under 1000 with all the carbon fiber they were using. I know the super lates were hitting over 145 on the straight away this weekend so the sprints should be hauling some ass since they dont slow down for corners. It takes a special kind of balls to wheel those things

Agree Kurt..thats no lie.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes JD was mad fast. The top Hornets really surprised me with the speeds they had at Bristol.

Jd is supper laid back guy funny story here. This is when he was racing with Barry Wright and my brother was full time with him. We were at cedar lake for the usa nationals and i was there just watching as the mechanical gene completely skipped me. I am the guy who scraped the mud off the car generally. I am standing there and Barry comes out hands me the front nose and a rivet gun and tells me to put it on the car every one else was at the drivers meeting it got ripped off during hot laps and he had already made the show. I looked at Barry like really but when Barry Wright tells you to do some thing you just do it. So here i am riveting the front on and my brother comes back and is what the hell are you doing? Barry told me to do it so here i am. He goes and explains to Barry this isnt a good idea and Jd is like it will be ok. There was no one more nervous at the track going out to run for 100k and i could just see the nose flying off because i f ed it up. After 10 laps i finally relaxed and he should have won but some how another bloomer got scored ahead of him it was a messed up deal but at least it wasnt my fault haha.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Glad JD put a spanking on Larson!!! Not a fan!! Curious how the Cup cars do. The trucks have been ok but my guess is a yellow fest for the cup cars.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75