Bum Knee

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife has had 3 patellar tendom tears. All required surgery. And she needs a 4th now. That woman has the worst knees. Luckily, sammiches can be made from a wheel chair.

Please do explain a 4 knee'd human????????????????

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a weird thing going on with my right knee, I twisted it many years ago and was too busy and to stubborn to go to the Dr.
The pain eventually went away but for many years I had a click in it. If I walked with my normal range of movement it would click/snap real loud with every step, Sounded horrible but it didn't hurt , ............Until
I got older. Now, I sometimes wake up with the worst pain I have ever had ever had in that knee. Usually I only have to bend it real slow once or twice and it hurts like crazy when I do but the pain goes away almost immediately. Anyone else wake up with knee pain like this but it works like it should and without pain when you use it , Or know what would cause it ?

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe get it scoped and scraped ? Worked for me ! Looked like a snapped fiber glass rod at the start .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yhe only penis issue in my old age is how often mrs johnr thinks she needs access to it. More of a blessing than an issue though

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yhe only penis issue in my old age is how often mrs johnr thinks she needs access to it. More of a blessing than an issue though

Haha, I should give you my "Life is good" signature , You deserve it more than I do.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time to visit with an orthopedic surgeon.

I have a weird thing going on with my right knee, I twisted it many years ago and was too busy and to stubborn to go to the Dr.
The pain eventually went away but for many years I had a click in it. If I walked with my normal range of movement it would click/snap real loud with every step, Sounded horrible but it didn't hurt , ............Until
I got older. Now, I sometimes wake up with the worst pain I have ever had ever had in that knee. Usually I only have to bend it real slow once or twice and it hurts like crazy when I do but the pain goes away almost immediately. Anyone else wake up with knee pain like this but it works like it should and without pain when you use it , Or know what would cause it ?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vastus lateralis is your original culprit. It was weak and didn't pull its weight in terms of patellar tracking. All that is in the past but it might be something you work into your workout if you actually started working out. Something like this is a surgical case. You can do pt (ask jdinny) for quads and hammy exercises. You might be better off just having a 2nd opinion and getting cut open. Summer of George can happen in a wheelchair too. Might make you seem vulnerable.

I would love to help. have rehabbed numerous post surgical patella tendon repairs. I have seen one younger male guy ( mid 30"s) who had a partial tear and does quite well. elk hunts, very active etc etc. he does have knee pain with deep squatting yet but in a case like that you have to decide if you can live with the "occasional pain with deep squatting" or get if fixed and that is completely up to the patient and what the desire in life. hit me up with a PM im in the bis man area and will give you a free screen and if I feel I can help we can get started if not no charge go as you seem fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe get it scoped and scraped ? Worked for me ! Looked like a snapped fiber glass rod at the start .

im unaware of any procedures where you can "scope" a patella tendon generally you have to open it up to fix it properly. with that being said, procedures change often and are always less invasive

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
While deployed, I was blown up by a small IED. I partially tore my right MCL and from the surgery date to me walking un-assisted was 6 weeks. I was running at the 12 week point.

Daaamn that is terrible. Stupid IED's. Glad to hear you are back running.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like that. Might have to steal that quote next I have a patient walk like a newborn baby giraffe.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record if anyone is in the Bismarck man area and wants a free screen feel free to PM I love nothing more than sports medicine rehabbing athletes but the wknd warrior mid 40"s out of shape outdoorsman is my 2nd love. Haha ruptured my Achilles playing city league ball last winter. Was spring snow goosing and ice fishing in a cam boot. I was non weight bearing so I crawled on the ice as my bro did all the fkn work for me .....so I know what's it's like.

3geese4me not trying to make comparison and thank you for your service!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like that. Might have to steal that quote next I have a patient walk like a newborn baby giraffe.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record if anyone is in the Bismarck man area and wants a free screen feel free to PM I love nothing more than sports medicine rehabbing athletes but the wknd warrior mid 40"s out of shape outdoorsman is my 2nd love. Haha ruptured my Achilles playing city league ball last winter. Was spring snow goosing and ice fishing in a cam boot. I was non weight bearing so I crawled on the ice as my bro did all the fkn work for me .....so I know what's it's like.

3geese4me not trying to make comparison and thank you for your service!

Your a good man JD to offer this free of charge! Thumbs Up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37