Burgum's income tax proposal?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kurt:

Go to courthouse to see what other like properties are value at. If out of line need to protest as Allen said. db

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you try and contest it?
We were in the process but then my wife decided she wanted to sell. Add un grateful parents on top of the inflation of the last year the juice wasnt worth the squeeze any more.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt:

Go to courthouse to see what other like properties are value at. If out of line need to protest as Allen said. db
Problem with living in a town with only one daycare center they have no comparable property. Add in the fact I live in the most disorganized county in South Dakota that is going broke it’s a complete Charlie Foxtrot

Coldfront

Established Member
I don't make enough to pay much ND Income Tax. My property taxes went up over $1000 in Minot. Thats where we need the help and if there some kind of property relief the bill should also include verbiage that restricts counties, cites, school dist. and park boards raising taxes because of the relief from the state. It should be paid directly to the property owners. The way it was done a few years ago was not good.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why would they stop? We ain’t gonna do anything about it.
Unfortunately you are probably correct. Even if they bring it to a vote again. There will be people that vote to keep paying property taxes. I will never understand the thought process.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why would they stop? We ain’t gonna do anything about it.
Yup..it won’t stop. I have an idea to help out property taxes in Bismarck. We should all get together and elect a leader who likes to spend tax payer money and buy a railroad bridge with the tax money we collect. Then collect more tax money to make a walking path on this bridge. Then convince the general public that by doing all this it will generate tax money to pay for said bridge. I can say one thing when Mr. Zimmerman runs I will absolutely not be voting for him. He is also the one who was pushing for the $115 million sports complex that us tax payers could pay for.

Or how about the dumb blue lights on top of the red stop lights in Bismarck. The revenue collected by red light runners would never pay for the upkeep for the blue lights that were put on. Tax payers gets to pay for those also. I asked the question as to why we would pit those lights up. I was told to deter red light runners. So let me get this straight…they wouldn’t stop for a red light but now they will stop for a magical blue light?

The only way to get things to change is to start knowing who you elect and get these people that like spending your money out. Ask these people questions before voting for them. After they get elected contact them and let them know your frustrations.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone made a killing installing those blue lights. My guess is a politician taken care of his buddies or family. There isnt a person out there that coulda actually thought that was a good idea. But like I said no ones stopping it. I know this is an I popular opinion but I’m thoroughly convinced that our votes don’t mean squat anymore.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone made a killing installing those blue lights. My guess is a politician taken care of his buddies or family. There isnt a person out there that coulda actually thought that was a good idea. But like I said no ones stopping it. I know this is an I popular opinion but I’m thoroughly convinced that our votes don’t mean squat anymore.
The blue lights help the drunk politicians and school board officials drive home safer

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77