Illegal Badlands Bridge

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
The guy got a permit from the ACOE.

And built a bridge onto BLM (without BLM knowledge) land and probably didn’t go through the appropriate assessment to build over a river with a “scenic river” designation.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
And built a bridge onto BLM (without BLM knowledge) land and probably didn’t go through the appropriate assessment to build over a river with a “scenic river” designation.
Doesn't he claim that the chunk of land used to belong to the ranch and BLM changed the boundaries over the last 50 years? I'm not sure i believe him, but i also don't put it past the BLM to possibly have meandering boundaries over time. The way its set up its odd to think he would do it that way if he didnt think he owned it. He has a pond half on the BLM that he could have moved a few hundred feet west and he could have moved the bridge a bit to the north and been on all his current land. Obviously he probably didn't do as much due diligence as he should have.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I could use an illegal bridge about now. Should’ve installed the zip line across the river last summer

- - - Updated - - -

I have an island for sale if anyone is interested

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Doesn't he claim that the chunk of land used to belong to the ranch and BLM changed the boundaries over the last 50 years? I'm not sure i believe him, but i also don't put it past the BLM to possibly have meandering boundaries over time. The way its set up its odd to think he would do it that way if he didnt think he owned it. He has a pond half on the BLM that he could have moved a few hundred feet west and he could have moved the bridge a bit to the north and been on all his current land. Obviously he probably didn't do as much due diligence as he should have.

He can claim anything he wants but in the end your last statement is all that matters. He didn’t do his due diligence when building the bridge. He had the resources to build a multimillion dollar bridge so he could have performed a land survey and obtained the appropriate permits. I know someone who used to lease trucks with Wylie when the boom first took off. Something tells me that he knew what he was doing and didn’t care about the legal requirements.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been by there while working. Was surprised to see it. this was before the press coverage. It is a nice bridge. It didn't appear to connect to any roads on the north side though.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been by there while working. Was surprised to see it. this was before the press coverage. It is a nice bridge. It didn't appear to connect to any roads on the north side though.

Nice bridge or not, it wasn't properly vetted before building it. Like saying "nice deer" to the guy who shot it just beyond the private property line. Shouldn't have shot it in the first place.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
He knew exactly what he was doing and where... all for profit
this wasn’t for convenience or to ease the burden on the river of a crossing..

He did it to make money, he dug the pits to make money by sucking water he didn’t have the rights, into the pits he didn’t have the right to dig so that he could sell the water to oilfield and have the bridge to make it easier possible for the traffic to come get the water

I see it the same way as if I strolled into your field shot your cows and started selling the steaks, and then trying to justify it by saying I had a permit for the gun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77